Can someone give me good full day menu 1200 calories

Options
I am on a 1200 cal per day plan. Looking for some successful, healthy and tasty food that works for the entire day.
Any suggestions are appreciated.

Replies

• Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    We have no idea what foods that you like or what your budget is. Find foods and recipes that you like and make them fit into you allowance.

Are you doing any specific diet?
  • echmain3
    echmain3 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    What is “successful” food? For that matter what is “healthy” food?
  • Nerys52
    Nerys52 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: black fruit flavored tea Pickwick with 1 teaspoon cane sugar, 1 slice rye bread, 1 pat butter, 1/2 tbsp jam, 1 small soft boiled egg.1 small mandarin.
    Midmorning snack: 1/2 cup plain white yoghurt.
    Lunch: 2 slices rye bread, 1 pat butter, 1 tomato in slices, 5 cucumber slices, 1/2 slice of cheese. Tea & 1 tsp cane sugar.
    Midafternoon snack: coffee with some regular milk, 1 small cookie or biscuit.
    Dinner: small ( slightly larger than a deck playing cards) size ovenbaked 1/2 chicken fillet with rosemary, milled black pepper, 1/3 tsp sea salt, 1 tsp virgin olive oil.Cook 2 whole endive in a little water.Cook 1 medium potato.
    Or if you prefer rice eat 1/2 cup steamed rice. Stirfry 1 cup of shredded sweetheart cabbage in just tiny 1/2 tsp oil.
    Evening: ovenbaked apple with cinnamon, coffee with milk and 1 tsp sugar. 1/2 cup plain white yoghurt.
  • joolsmd
    joolsmd Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Relatively typical day for me:

Breakfast: Skinnytaste Overnight Oats in a Jar - 267 cals
    100 mls skimmed milk for drinks - 7 cals

Snack: Mini Cheddars Crispy Thins (small bag) - 116 cals

Lunch: Heinz Fragrant Thai Carrot & Coconut Soup (1 carton) - 208 cals
    1 medium banana - 90 cals

Dinner: Homemade Iranian Vegetable Stew - 210 cals
    Muller Fruitopolis with cherry - 65 cals

Evening snack: 1 punnet Graze Toffee Apple - 81 cals

Total - 1044 cals

I don't usually eat so much processed food - lunch is usually a large salad with some protein (tuna, prawn, chicken etc) but breakfasts and evening meals are pretty much similar.
  • KetoZandra
    KetoZandra Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I've been eating keto 1200 calories for over 100 days.
    I weigh, measure and track everything.
    Here is today.

Breakfast: Coffee with omelette. 395 c.

Coffee with 1 table spoon of heavy whipping cream.
    1 egg, 1 egg white, 1.5 tbsp heavy whipping cream, 2 Kroger breakfast sausages chopped, 1 tsp avocado oil, 1 ounce of raw spinach.

Lunch: Hamburger with cheese and spinach Caesar salad. 395 c

4 oz hamburger (no bun) 1 slice of American cheese, 1.5oz of raw spinach, 1 tbsp of Caesar dressing,
    Coffee with 1 tbsp of heavy whipping cream.

Snack: 163 c.
    2 kroger breakfast sausages and tea with 1.5 tbl spoon of cream.

Dinner: Chicken salad over spinach. 269 c
    2.5 oz of shredded chicken, 2 tbsp of mayo, 1 tsp of curry powder, 1 ounce of raw spinach.
    Calories: 269

Total 1163.
  • Daisy_Girl2019
    Daisy_Girl2019 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Add me. On 1200 cal diet too and love to share recipes on my page.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    To fit it i had to cut off 1 full egg and a serving of spinach with my first meal and had to transfer 2 pepperettes and some grapes from my bedtim mean up to the other snack...but this was my yesterday was a weird day but came out at 1150. Im into yogurt with granola bars lately LOL. So clearly can even have snacks as this day i had mostly snacks i just tried to pick good ones. My 7-8 meal i have atleast once a day in some portion changing up the potato/chicken.
    wnvq9qrjnic1.png
  • musicfan68
    musicfan68 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    What foods do you like to eat? Eat those foods in amounts that will give you 1200 calories (if that is actually realistic for you) per day. It's actually pretty easy. You can also google 1200 calorie diets and come up with hundreds if not thousands of ideas. But ultimately it comes down to just eating the foods you like within those calories.
  • shelnewberry
    shelnewberry Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am also on 1200 calories and it can be difficult to stay in my calorie range.

I try to fill up on vegetables as much as possible. They are usually low in calories and have fiber which is filling. I keep lots of frozen vegetables on hand at all times.
  • debb430
    debb430 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I stay within that calorie range give or take. Add me..my diary is open😁
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    branjkroll wrote: »
    I am on a 1200 cal per day plan. Looking for some successful, healthy and tasty food that works for the entire day.

What you used to eat... just less of it, weigh the solids and measure the liquids to ensure it is around 1200 cals.
  • joolsmd
    joolsmd Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    branjkroll wrote: »

13tbsp peanut butter.

Now that's my kinda diet! :)