Please help: Guys/Ladies: Need advice on a FREE TRIP but my

Options
Help!:ohwell:

Okay I just got invited to Cancun by one of my young sisters. :drinker: The flight & hotel is included :happy:

However, I would have to request 4 days off from work. The problem is I already requested 4 vacation days for October. I work in a high school. The school will be closed September 23-October 10th. I requested October 13th-17th. After having 2 weeks off. Not too good. :indifferent: I will be going on another trip then.

I also have another trip planned for December and this one will be about three weeks. The trip in October & December will be out of my family pocket.

Anyways, my man has gone on two trips this year with all guys. I really want to go, four girls are going.

PROBLEM IS: My man has a surprise on Friday, Sept 2nd a day after I would leave. He has been throwing hints for months. :flowerforyou: We are not married. I don't think he's proposing. I don't worry about it but I do not want to burst his bubble. :brokenheart: I think its like a comedy night or something but I don't want to guess.

What do I do?

Do I go? the flight is already paid & can't be cancelled
Do I forget about it?
Do I ask my man about it? or not?
Should I tell my sister to invite my other sister?

OPPORTUNITIES ARE ONCE IN A LIFTIME;WHEN OPPORTUNITIES ARISE TAKE EM! right? I'M CONFUZZLED :sad:

Replies

• crystalmichelle82
    Options
    I would go to Cancun! I have been once and I would take any chance I could to go again. Your man will understand if he loves you.
  • princesslmc2
    princesslmc2 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Sure, might be inconvenient for the school.... But on when you're on your deathbed (which is hopefully far, far, far down the road), you'll be looking back at the memories you've made.... not the work you've put in to the office. Life is to LIVE!!! If you can swing it (as in able to afford, have the vacation time to use, etc.), do it!! The office will continue functioning without you (albeit, probably not as well... but that's not your problem!). :-)
  • Aloxander
    Aloxander Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Okay, since there is a HOLIDAY, LABOR DAY SEPTEMBER 5TH. I would only request 2 days :wink:
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    OMFG girl! Why is this even a question?!?! GO TO CANCUN!!!!!!! :drinker:
  • ArtieKuhn88
    Options
    Sure, might be inconvenient for the school.... But on when you're on your deathbed (which is hopefully far, far, far down the road), you'll be looking back at the memories you've made.... not the work you've put in to the office. Life is to LIVE!!! If you can swing it (as in able to afford, have the vacation time to use, etc.), do it!! The office will continue functioning without you (albeit, probably not as well... but that's not your problem!). :-)

Basically. :)
  • melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    I would talk to my partner before making a decision like that no matter what, but I'm married (almost 10 years), so no way one of us would take a vacation without making sure the other was okay with it.
  • Aloxander
    Aloxander Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your help!:flowerforyou: I AM GOING TO CANCUN WOOOO HOOOO :drinker: