Hard time motivating my self to move more

Options
AphroditesBrat
AphroditesBrat Posts: 48 Member
edited April 2019 in Motivation and Support
I am mostly in a chair a lot of the day, I always think to myself yeah maybe I will go do this tomorrow and try to get some light cardio, like go for a walk or a little run. Then when it comes to the next day its like uggh and then it doesn't happen.
I've always been hard to motivate even with non physical things, if anyone gone through something similar and can share how they dealt with this I wouldn't mind you sharing.

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,104 Member
    Options
    Are you attempting weight loss? Or you just want to get more exercise in general? I found I could lose weight without exercise but the amount of food wasn't enough so if I get a bit of exercise I get to eat enough food and lose weight. It's a trade I'm willing to make. Doesn't have to be hard-core exercise.

Nothing recharges my body, mind and spirit like a walk in nature.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Small, achievable exercise goals.

I started with a goal of 60 minutes per week: 6x10, 4x15, 3x20. Mark your sessions on a calendar or keep a spreadsheet. Make your self accountable.

Google - 10, 15, 20 minute workouts on YouTube. Look up 10 minute walks, 15 minute yoga, or 20 minute strength workouts. Try something new each day. In the process you will start to become more fit and maybe find something you enjoy doing.
  • cheriej2042
    cheriej2042 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I’ve always done better when I had a person or group that I met to do the exercise whether walking, spinning, hiking etc. your exercise becomes an appointment something you have to go to so you can’t just put it off because people will want to know where you were and then you won’t want to say you were just sitting in your chair! Once you get used to moving and getting up you can then work towards relying on self motivation. You can do it just commit to one week and see how you do. Put a schedule up and check off when you complete something. I had a trainer tell me once that if you can commit to a routine for two weeks it becomes a habit and it won’t be as hard to do it. Try a week!
  • AphroditesBrat
    AphroditesBrat Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your insightful tips!