Omad diet

Options
Eating once a day is the fastest way to lose weight. I'm at 224.6 when I started i was 231.8 in 3 weeks i lost 7 pounds. My goal is to lose 24 more pounds to get to 200lbs.

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,962 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you eating in this one meal? I couldn't possibly get in all my needed nutrition - protein, vegetables and fiber. I could probably get the carbs and fats. :neutral:
  • Spadesheart
    Spadesheart Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    So I'm definitely in the 2 meals a day camp, with dessert. OMAD does work, because you really can only eat so much, however smaller meals, once your body gets used to it, makes it more difficult to gorge yourself later is what I'm finding.
  • echmain3
    echmain3 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    If you’re using an unsafe method of losing weight, you can count on this thread getting locked.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    How many calories are you eating in this one meal? I couldn't possibly get in all my needed nutrition - protein, vegetables and fiber. I could probably get the carbs and fats. :neutral:

That would be my problem.

To a different point made by another poster:

OMAD's not inherently unsafe. Many people eat adequate calories doing it, and some likely have no issue getting sufficient protein and veg, etc. I personally just can't eat that much at one meal if it's food that's quite sating to me like protein, veg, and fiber-rich foods.

7 lbs in 3 weeks isn't too much for many -- OP may not be very overweight (based on his goal), but he's over 200, which means 2 lb is 1% of current weight, which is fine, and 7 lbs isn't much off that, especially if he's in the 3 weeks after a diet change, which often causes more loss. Doesn't seem like he's doing a VLCD.
  • Ed_Zilla
    Ed_Zilla Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Eating once a day is the fastest way to lose weight. I'm at 224.6 when I started i was 231.8 in 3 weeks i lost 7 pounds. My goal is to lose 24 more pounds to get to 200lbs.

Omad diet for me would be "I mad" diet for me haha.

I agree with @nutmegoreo about 2 meals a day. Glad it is working for you.
  • Dgil1975
    Dgil1975 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I don’t do Omad, but it’s not exactly one meal a day from my understanding. From people I’ve seen do it, or what I’ve found in researching it, is that it’s intermittent fasting with about an 90-120 minute feed window. Ultimately you could get your necessary calories in during that window.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    It literally stands for One Meal A Day, and numerous descriptions of it say that it's fasting for 23 hours and then eating one big meal within 60 minutes.