Big bust, big ouchie

Does anyone else with a large chest (32F here!) have any sports bra recs? Or tips on how to excercise with them? I’d love to go to the gym and run or do jumping jacks, but my boobs make it impossible, and I’m scared to layer right sports bras again. Like, these guys are the reason I’m trying to lose weight, so I can decide whether or not I want to get a breast reduction, and they’re in. my. way.

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,130 Member
  • time4thebell
    time4thebell Posts: 48 Member
    I have an awesome sports bra from Victoria's Secret. It hooks in the front and then has another supportive layer that zips up on top of it. It's very supportive! :smile:
  • stricklee11
    stricklee11 Posts: 218 Member
    I found the high impact sports bras did not go high enough in sizes and even if they advertised my size (38F), it wouldn't fit right. So I wear a medium impact sports bra and a tank with a built in bra to limit movement.
  • Cassandraw3
    Cassandraw3 Posts: 1,214 Member
    I have an awesome sports bra from Victoria's Secret. It hooks in the front and then has another supportive layer that zips up on top of it. It's very supportive! :smile:

I'm a 32DDD, and I find that I pop out of these every time (the incredible knockout ultramax). I have even had issues with the zipper coming undone during a workout plus you have to make sure the inner part snaps into place. Not fun! Most of mine are the Victoria's secret incredible lightweight max and a couple of the angel max. The angel max work great, but I primarily wear racerback tanks and the straps don't line up which bother me. The incredible lightweight max is my go-to.

• puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    I found the high impact sports bras did not go high enough in sizes and even if they advertised my size (38F), it wouldn't fit right. So I wear a medium impact sports bra and a tank with a built in bra to limit movement.

Same. I have a really hard time finding high impact sports bras (40H) that fit and are comfortable. I usually wear a sleeping or otherwise "normal" bra with a medium impact bra on top of that, and sometimes a fitted tank with a built in sports bra on top of that.
  • LadySaton
    LadySaton Posts: 500 Member
    edited April 2019
    I’ve been using the Elomi Energise sports bra through multiple sizes and am just about to size down out of the sizes they make it in (so much sadness and angst about what to use now). I’ve used that style bra through 38GG all the way down to 34G and it’s been an amazing bra for me. It’s not a cheap bra, but not horrendously expensive compared to some I’ve considered. I love the Elomi brand in general - all the bras I currently have are Elomi - and I would stick with them 100% if they made smaller bands and cups.

Edit: I just realized at 32F this bra isn’t made for your size. I think 32GG is the smallest they make, hence I’ve been looking for something else. I will leave this post here for anyone it might help and I’m following this thread for suggestions as well.
  • SJUL77
    SJUL77 Posts: 10 Member
    Enell women’s high impact sports bra. I’m a DDD and I’m able to run wearing this. Love it! Once you get it on the girls aren’t moving!
  • RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    edited April 2019
    I’m a few cups larger than you and I wear an underwire workout bra with a soft medium impact sports bra on top of that, it seems to keep everything in place and I’m a runner. For me the key is the underwire underneath and the soft bra on top helps squish everything closer to my body. I’ve also found that correct running form has made a world of difference for me because it minimizes the vertical bounce and makes running comfortably possible. I’ve never had any problems with this bra combination. I don’t do jumping jacks though :#
  • TanyaHooton
    TanyaHooton Posts: 249 Member
    I am a 34F-34FF so I went to a specialty bra store and got fitted professionally. They put me in a Freya Sonic High Impact bra. All Freya bras fit me very well. This bra is full coverage and has an underwire, so it's pretty heavy-duty...with a price tag to match. I wore it while running and my boobage stayed more or less in place. I mean, they didn't hurt afterward. The lady in the bra store said there was no such thing as "nothing will move at all," which is what I requested lol.

I've lost 30 lbs (from 167 to 135.5, with 10-12 more to go) and my band and cup size have stayed the same. I am pretty sure that a reduction is in my future.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Someone asked for a sports bra for larger cup sizes! It's time for me to ramble about Panache!

I have run in Panache underwire sports bras at every size from 40DDD to 32C. These bras mean business. Nothing moves that is not supposed to move. I run at a minimum 15 miles per week, have been running for about four years now, and I only run in these bras. They fit like a normal bra--none of that elastic contortionism kitten. They have a simple convertible design so you can easily wear them as a racerback or standard bra (I always go for the racerback style). If you're not picky about the color, you can usually find them on Amazon for a discount. They go up to a J cup. I love their bras so much that I've also had lots of everyday bras made by Panache and Cleo, their "fashion" brand. I only regret that now I am in a C cup and most of their bras only go down to a D.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member

These are THE BEST.
  • Boxn_n_Bellydancn
    Boxn_n_Bellydancn Posts: 171 Member
    Freya has worked for me thus far, but I typically don’t do alot of running or anything high impact.
  • nocgirl72
    nocgirl72 Posts: 139 Member
    All I know is I hate removable cups because they come out in the wash.
  • llUsernamell
    llUsernamell Posts: 12 Member
    I'm beyond a J cup. I haven't found a supportive sports bra yet. If it's big enough in the cup, then it's too big in the band. So I usually just wear 2-3 low impact sports bras at once. I got the idea from a pack of sports bras I bought which stated to wear 2 for high impact exercise.

This will work until I lose enough fat to fit into the better made sports bras.