Struggling to fina a balance

I'm falling into a habit of restricting calories too much during the weekday and then eating over my calories whenever I go out at the weekend. I think this is the reason I haven't lost weight for the past two weeks (but I haven't gained either). During the week, I'm always hungry and constantly craving bread.

Should I eat back exercise calories and try to hit 1200/1300 calories each day?

My diary is open to the public. I've logged every day since I started a month ago except for Friday the 5th of April because I ate a bunch of stuff and didn't know how to log it all. I think I ate probably 3000 calories that day, and burned 400 because I walked for two or three hours in total.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    edited April 2019
    first off as a male you should be eating a minimum of 1500 per day PLUS exercise calories. no less. this is to ensure your body gets proper nutrition. so total of 1500+400= 1900. If you are super worried the estimated b urn on the exercise is over inflated start with eating 75% of it and track.

it's ok to save some calories during the week to eat more on weekends. but it is also possible to eat your entire deficit with 1-2 meals out. especially if adding drinks. And as you observed, undereating a few days can lead to binging totally undoing all your work so start with eating your minim daily and making better decisions when eating out (or save 50 calories daily to eat more on a meal out)

are you using a scale? even for fruit i'd recommend using a scale and selecting entires with weight options (ex: all those bananas, even strawberries).

If you started to increase your exercise or new exercise recently your muscles may be holding onto extra water to repair themsleves which will soon be released and you'll see the change on the scale (it can mask weigth lsos for awhile)
  • eliaslexred
    eliaslexred Posts: 6 Member
    Thank you! I'll buy a scales as soon as I can