Stopped losing weight after 8 months! Help!

Options
Since July 30th I have been counting calories, measuring food, going to the gym, working out with my trainer, and drinking tons of water. I have lost about 56 pounds and over 17 inches. I have about 20-30 lbs to go before reaching my goal weight of 130-140 lbs. The last month has literally been the most discouraging of my life. The scale has not moved! I have upped my calories from the usual 1200 upwards to 1400. I have changed my gym routine but still no budge. I do not know what to do! I don't want to give up but I'm also so tired of working so hard with no results! Please help! Any suggestions?

Replies

• KayTrask
    KayTrask Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I do use a food scale to measure everything!
  • csdahle
    csdahle Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wow in the same boat with you and would love to hear replies. I did have a small loss when I did increase cals and changed gym routine but not much. 20 to go. I am reminding myself how good I feel and clothes fitting great helps me not go crazy. I dont have food scale so I am increasing what I thought were accurate amounts.
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    The change in gym routine could be causing some water weight. Also some people have benefited from 'diet breaks', that may be something you may want to look into. Also realize that there is more to exercise than just the weight loss. Are you getting stronger at your routine? Improving? Look for the non-scale victories as well, it's not all about that number.
  • New_me_19
    New_me_19 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Om exactly same lost 44lbs since June 2018 haven't been able to loose anything since I hit 40lbs.
    I weight all my food upped my exercise and changed my calorie intake a little nothing helps

Good luck all