Treadmill Suggestions?

Machka9
Machka9 Posts: 24,835 Member
My husband and I are adding to our "home gym".

We'd like a treadmill with (at least) the following specifications:
-- can handle weight up to about 120 kg
-- can handle speeds over 10 km/h
-- can connect to computer - download data
-- durable
-- long lasting
-- professional/gym quality or close to it.

Any suggestions? :)

Replies

• dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    edited April 2019
    Checkout Treadmilldoctor.com for some reviews/recommendations.

Don't get a cheap treadmill. Not only do they not handle running well they tend to break. Trust me on this. ;) You don't need a top of the line gym quality unit but you need something that will work for more than just walking. In the US something in the $1200+ range is a good starting point.

Personally I have a SOLE model that does what I ask of it. I am not a fan of dreadmill running but it works well on days that I'm forced to use it.

Good luck.
  • Machka9
    Thanks ... I'll have a look at that site.

I'm in Australia and if I could find something really good quality for as inexpensive as $1200. I would be paying for it now!!

The ones I've been looking at are quite a bit more than that so I want to choose wisely. :)

• Machka9
    Oh also ... I want it for me and my husband who is recovering from a severe brain injury. He can walk but winter is coming and walking in the dark is probably not the best idea ... so we're putting together a home gym to keep us active in a more controlled environment.
  • Machka9
    dewd2 wrote: »
    Checkout Treadmilldoctor.com for some reviews/recommendations.

Don't get a cheap treadmill. Not only do they not handle running well they tend to break. Trust me on this. ;) You don't need a top of the line gym quality unit but you need something that will work for more than just walking. In the US something in the $1200+ range is a good starting point.

Personally I have a SOLE model that does what I ask of it. I am not a fan of dreadmill running but it works well on days that I'm forced to use it.

Good luck.

Unfotunately Treadmilldoctor only reviews Sole from the selection I have available to me. I'll have to look for an Australian reviewer.

https://health-and-leisure-hobart.myshopify.com/collections/treadmills?page=1&sort_by=title-ascending
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    I have a life Fitness T3 which I am happy with. I only walk so I'm not sure how fast it goes although it does have a running program. I've had it three years with no problems. I prefer to walk outside when I can but during the winter it fills in as necessary.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,676 Member
    I use a NordicTrac. I don't think it has the download capability, though you can connect to Ifit. In any case, the calorie numbers are off because it isn't programmable with my weight and it assumes I weigh 200 pounds. However, it is wide and long and has a lot of programs that are fun to play with. It also has negative incline, which I wanted when training for a downhill marathon.
  • Machka9
    edited April 2019
  • snowyne
    snowyne Posts: 268 Member
    I have a Sole F80 and have been very happy with it. I purchased it in 2016 and we use it for at least an hour every day ( I run on it and my husband walks). It folds up if space is a concern.