Up days , down days ?? Anybody do this ??

Options
I’m trying this out for 2weeks . So mon to thurs 950 calories a day . Then fri sat sun 2000 calls day. This is the same at 1400 calories a day. Xxx

My maintenance calories are 1588 so I should loose weight doing the above shouldn’t I ?

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I would suggest not going below 1200 on your low days, so 1200 M-Th, 1670 F,S,S.

The main reason is it is difficult even on 1200 cals to get the daily nutrition required (Fat, protein, Vitamins, Minerals), so on 950, may not be possible, or very very difficult to do, not to mention the low energy with will most likely cause.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Eating that few calories on some days will leave you very hungry and might make binging more likely. It also will make it hard to get your nutrients each day, since you are eating below the recommend daily calorie intake of 1200 for women. I am guessing your large weekend meals might not be nutrient dense enough to make up for this.

If MFP is giving you a goal of 1400 calories and you want to save some for the weekend, then I would recommend eating 1200 on weekdays and 1900 on weekends. Remember that if you exercise, you also get to eat your exercise calories.

Edited because I can’t math. If you want to eat more calories on Fridays as well as Saturday and Sunday, then do 1200 M-Th and 1666 F-Su.
  • Fivefootcaloriecounter
    Options
    @apullum , good idea I will try that 🤗
  • lin_be
    lin_be Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Doing this today and tomorrow. I’ll be in surgery tomorrow and won’t be able to eat until 1 or 2 so eating 500 + calories today to curb some of my hunger in the morning and eating 1000 calories tomorrow. I don’t get hungry when I’m pumped with fluids all day.
  • gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    It will even out, but you are going to be making yourself miserable on four out of seven days of the week. Why do that to yourself? You’re gonna be tearing your hair out, white-knuckling through the day, falling asleep at your job, unable to fuel any exercise you do...And what happens if a birthday party or social outing falls on a Monday through Thursday?

A more reasonable split is 1250 on Monday through Thursday, then 1600 on Friday through Sunday. If you stick to 1250 most of the week, 1600 is gonna feel like lots of extra food you get to enjoy on the weekends. Give it a try.

I’m currently doing 1800 on weekdays and 2000-2100 on saturdays and sundays to maintain, and it’s working awesome so far. Just be careful to not split it too aggressively.