Non cardio exercises

Options
Please list some! Thanks!

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,898 Member
    Options
    If you give us some context we will better be able to assist you.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Bodyweight Exercises, Resistance bands, weight lifting, yoga, pilates, the list goes on.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    It's a little tough to help without more information. Specifically what are your exercise goals and needs? For example, if you have a medical issue that might keep you from doing cardio, it would be best to talk to your doctor about safe exercises. But if you just don't like particular types of cardio and want to try something different, we can help with that.
  • lin_be
    lin_be Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Weight lifting!
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    If you're asking this for health reasons, be very careful. Many non-cardio exercises still tax the cardiovascular system if that's your concern. If you tell us why you're asking it will be easier to make recommendations.
  • wheatbaby84
    wheatbaby84 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Its for weight gaining!! Cardio is causing me to lose vs calorie intake. No health issues! Sorry guys!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Lift weights
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    You don't gain weight from exercise. You need to eat more calories than you burn to do that. Any exercise is going to burn calories, however, things like weight lifting will generally burn fewer calories per hour than cardio.
  • wheatbaby84
    Options
    I know how to gain weight. LOL.... What I am saying is im doing too much cardio and I simply wanted to know what were some non-cardio exercises. I am on a diet to gain weight. I once gained 30 lbs while in the military but went back to my regular weight because I wasnt intaking the amount of calories. So now im on a 2k calorie diet daily. Thanks all for your input. Im 111 and want to be 120 by July! Its just harder than I thought smh!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,166 Member
    Options
    I know how to gain weight. LOL.... What I am saying is im doing too much cardio and I simply wanted to know what were some non-cardio exercises. I am on a diet to gain weight. I once gained 30 lbs while in the military but went back to my regular weight because I wasnt intaking the amount of calories. So now im on a 2k calorie diet daily. Thanks all for your input. Im 111 and want to be 120 by July! Its just harder than I thought smh!

Maybe eat more? I'm a fairly small 63-year-old woman, and I maintain on more calories than 2000 . . . !

Yoga, calisthenics, Tai Chi, weight training.
  • jdog022
    jdog022 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Weight lifting
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Weight lifting and yoga don't burn too many calories. Walking is also good and doesn't burn too many calories at your weight.
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Options
    Netflix
  • wheatbaby84
    Options
    Danp wrote: »
    Netflix

Lol ok....
  • wheatbaby84
    Options
    Thanks guys! Im going to do the things you advised!
  • wheatbaby84
    Options
    Thanks ladies!