I am Eeyore in human form. Want to be friends?

Options
I've been on MFP for a very long time but never really posted here because I'm prone to being a depressed bummer and an over thinker and pretty much never sugar coat anything but if there is one thing I'm not is cruel. If you're also a mental health case, like me, why not be friends?

I'm back after gaining 10 kg in 2 years whilst on drugs to fight depression and severe anaemia due to having a uterus full of tumours. That's all fixed now but now I have other issues.

When I was Skinny I was too depressed to appreciate it. In fact being depressed contributed to thinness because I wouldn't eat because I couldn't be bothered. But then I went on SSRIs and discovered that I really liked to eat.

Now that I'm not as depressed my extra weight bothers me and ironically makes me slightly depressed. Not because I hate fat people but because it's not what I'm use to and my body doesn't function as well. I'm very active and do a lot of pole dancing and aerials. I hate the pain that comes with catching a fat roll on aerial equipment. It lowers my pain threshold and brings me to literal tears.

Yes I got this way because I eat a lot of Weiss Dairy free chocolate dessert and my metabolism is ruined and I'm decrepit and my hormones are being interfered with but I DID THIS TO MYSELF. Now I'm going to undo this to myself. I need a new equilibrium and if that's fat and happy then....well...so be it. But right now it's very much fat and unhappy. But better than skinny and suicidal so it's a...win...?

I won't take it personally if you don't want to be friends. I ramble a lot. I am also certifiable but at least I'm honest about it 😊

Replies

• bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    *laughs* hey, I call myself Eeyore too! I'm afraid I'm pragmatic and realistic into pessimism - if something can go wrong, it will, and I have a harder time seeing the bright side of things. I ramble too and tend to post epically long emails and notes. But I'll friend if you, if you'd like!
  • youngcaseyr
    youngcaseyr Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Yaaass friend I have been where you are at least once. I try to be positive as much as possible but am also a hopeless realist. Sending request
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I was always calling myself "Charlie Brown", but it's much the same.
  • janvcooper
    janvcooper Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    3 bricks shy of a load here, right out of keeping up appearances. Old enough to know better, too. Need to spend some of the time I spend on Fitness Pal on reading and getting out.

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,966 Member
    Options
    As a "Pollyanna," I'm guessing we wouldn't be a good fit. Sincere wishes for finding joy (or satisfying misery) with your popped balloon and empty honey jar.
  • Ziggyzigs
    Ziggyzigs Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Yah, I feel you on this one. I'm a fellow mentally interesting sort. Working now to get it together after a hiatus from any meaningful activity for about 2 years. You'll be alright, just enjoy it too huh.