Biz trip to NYC...what should I eat?

Options
Trying to be good while I’m alone in the Big Apple, but if I do a cheat meal, where should I go?

Replies

• your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Options
    it’s like asking what to eat if the options were limitless. you could check out zagats guide
  • OrangeBlossomSpecial21
    Options
    it’s like asking what to eat if the options were limitless. you could check out zagats guide

Yeah, that’s an idea. Mostly just looking to engender conversation, honestly. Your name cracked me up, BTW...lol
  • your_future_ex_wife
    Options

Yeah, that’s an idea. Mostly just looking to engender conversation, honestly. Your name cracked me up, BTW...lol

i’m not fancy. if i went back i’d catch up with some friends in Queens and gorge myself on ethnic mom & pop shop food.
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Depends on your tastes, your budget and your timeframe...among other things.

Narrow it down a bit. Do you want a particular style of food? Do you just want to go to a famous restaurant? Do you want to go somewhere that the locals swear by regardless of fame or fortune?

NYC has anything and everything under the sun.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    Options
    SwannySez wrote: »

Narrow it down a bit. Do you want a particular style of food? Do you just want to go to a famous restaurant? Do you want to go somewhere that the locals swear by regardless of fame or fortune?

look at you getting all reasonable and informative.😁
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options

The whole time I was thinking about your butt, so....
  • your_future_ex_wife
    Options

The whole time I was thinking about your butt, so....

that’s better
  • Cutemesoon
    Cutemesoon Posts: 2,646 Member
    Options
    Eat ALL the pizza!!! So many different cuisines to choose from. I would suggest you search yelp to check ratings, reviews & view pics for patrons. Have fun in NYC!
  • OrangeBlossomSpecial21
    Options
    Some good stuff here...though little specifics lol. Will just do some Yelping.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    Options
    Fine. My two favorite pizzerias are Rosa’s in Maspeth and Ozone Pizza in Ozone Park.
  • OrangeBlossomSpecial21
    Options
    Will look them up and see how far away they are
  • your_future_ex_wife
    Options
    Dirt water dogs are good too
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Been to Manhattan for a couple of short personal trips over the past few years. NYC is one of the world centers for great cuisine, so you can find almost anything you want there. We went with our kids so we didn't search out high cuisine, but you can find great food all over. Personally, I'd look for bagels, pizza, Chinese food, and Italian pastries.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Carmine's
  • OrangeBlossomSpecial21
    Options
    Ended up eating at a place called Del Fresco for lunch. Was very good. Excellent lobster roll.
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    You must have a NY bagel, or 10 of them. And pizza. When I am in NY there is no such thing as a "cheat meal", only a cheat week. It's worth it.
  • kbmnurse1
    kbmnurse1 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Little Italy.
  • Pour_Decisions
    Pour_Decisions Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Pizza
    Diner Food (get homefries)
    Chinese Food
    Dirty water dogs
    Bagels
    Italian Food
    Cuchifritos
    Any pastry from Venieros Bakery on 1st Ave and 11th. ANY pastry
    etc...
    etc...
    etc...

The possibilities are endless. The good thing is you can do LOTS of walking.
  • Pour_Decisions
    Options
    I'd skip the meal and go straight to beer

Or this of course.
  • Pour_Decisions
    Options
    Food is one of the things I'm trying to change and it is the hardest. All my life when I do something with families or friends it's always revolving around food and I'm tired of it really. Don't get me wrong I love food I just don't want everything I do is centered around it

That's why I compromise and I center most occasions around booze.