Is it normal to have a hard time consuming enough calories

Options
I’ve been using this app for a few months now and consuming 2700 calories a day. I’m gaining clean mass pretty well. My question is does anyone have a hard time meeting their daily intake requirements? I feel stuffed all the time. I weigh and measure everything I eat so I’m not over doing it but I often I feel miserable. Does this pass will I ever get used to it or is this my life now ?

Replies

• Tic78
    Tic78 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    As well as the excellent advice above you can also drink calories by blending yourself a shake
  • Myfitnessgoal27
    Myfitnessgoal27 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have a bit of a hard time as well. Any suggestions on specific foods that help get you the most calories?
  • Jerrinladner
    Jerrinladner Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Sardelsa no I did not just just jump into it. I gradually ramped up. The problem is I’m trying to eat to clean all the time. I never eat out nor do I eat fast food. Which I believe would help at this point. My macros average

Carbs 375-400
    Protein 189-200
    Fats 45-65

Calories range from 2600-3000
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    What do you define as eating clean?

I mean I avg 2400-2800 cal a day but I could care less if the food is clean or not - since you ask 10ppl what they mean by that and you’ll get 10 different answers
  • Jerrinladner
    Options
    I’m new on here how do you reply to one person
  • Tic78
    Tic78 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I’m new on here how do you reply to one person

Press quote 👍
  • Jerrinladner
    Options
    Making an ice cream and syntha 6 shake as we speak

P.S. I tried to tap quote to respond and it’s not working thanks for the response
  • MichaelK1007
    MichaelK1007 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    During my bulk I had similar issues of getting enough calories in. At one point I needed 3500+ so I would set my alarm and eat at 4:00am. As I increased calories slowly I would add an additional meal so that I was eating 7x a day starting around 4:00am. Ended the day with a caesin protein shake. Meals can get a little boring with such a high calorie requirement while limiting fats to sub 60g, or at least it was for me. Lots of chicken and brown rice for me.
  • Jerrinladner
    Options
    During my bulk I had similar issues of getting enough calories in. At one point I needed 3500+ so I would set my alarm and eat at 4:00am. As I increased calories slowly I would add an additional meal so that I was eating 7x a day starting around 4:00am. Ended the day with a caesin protein shake. Meals can get a little boring with such a high calorie requirement while limiting fats to sub 60g, or at least it was for me. Lots of chicken and brown rice for me.

That’s what I meant by eating clean in an early post. I hated to do it but I the last 2 days I’ve had home made ice cream shakes which have added around 1400 calories putting me around 3800 per day. But it’s a lot of fat which I’m trying to avoid. The meals are extremely boring like I hate food at least this has givin me something to look forward to. Again just worried about putting on excess fat.
  • MichaelK1007
    MichaelK1007 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    For me it’s a slow and steady process. Every fall/winter I bulk and spring/summer cut. As this will be my 3rd time around I can see progress over the years. What made the biggest difference is my baseline improved every year going into the bulk and going into the cut. Progress for me is slow and my net gains may only be 2lbs and a slight reduction in BF but it’s still progress. I am afraid I haven’t found a way to eat great tasting food while gaining muscle and losing BF. I am always open to suggestions, lol.
  • wheatbaby84
    wheatbaby84 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    All of this info is good for me! Thanks all!
  • jdog022
    jdog022 Posts: 693 Member
    Options

That’s what I meant by eating clean in an early post. I hated to do it but I the last 2 days I’ve had home made ice cream shakes which have added around 1400 calories putting me around 3800 per day. But it’s a lot of fat which I’m trying to avoid. The meals are extremely boring like I hate food at least this has givin me something to look forward to. Again just worried about putting on excess fat.

If you keep your surplus in check and your training is appropriate you will not put on excess fat just because you turned to some “dirty” foods to fill in the rest of your calories I’ve done two bulks and I was a former overweight person so I totally get the nervousness but both bulks I enjoyed some good food and didn’t put on excessive fat.

And before the eat clean all the time zealots come in I’m not saying eat 3000 calories a day in twinkies. I like the 80/20 rule personally.
  • Sexy_Bri
    Sexy_Bri Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    For me, yes. Sometimes eating feels like a job. But intaking high calorie liquid Ms help because I get the Cala and still have room to feel hungry or at least not stuffed enough to fit more food in me
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Yes, occasionally will not feel like eating much (excessive dizziness, nausea, ****-ing headaches/migraines, heat, exhaustion, etc.) food volume-wise; will generally just go with "liquid-y" foods, high fat foods, and throw in some protein bars or whey just to hit protein goal.

Other days when having a ravenous/healthy appetite, it's back to high volume, low density foods (lean chicken, zero fat greek yogurt, green vegetables, etc.)