BodyPump Burn

Hey Everyone,

I am a member at my local GoodLife Fitness and I try and do there "BodyPump" class on Mondays, it's a 45 min class and incorporates weights and cardio and I have NO IDEA how to track it on the exercise thing... I don't have a BodyBugg or an HRM or anything like that... anyone know if there is an online calculator like there is for Zumba, which I'll be trying for the first time on Saturday... THANKS!

Replies

• I have HRM...and when I used to do body pump before it burnt about 400-500 calories in an hour. (Les Mills body pump is 60 mins at my gym!) I am 5'5 and I used to weigh like 170.
  • maryd523
    maryd523 Posts: 661 Member
    Although you don't really burn very many calories with weight lifting, it's definitely worth doing! I have a heart rate monitor and I burn about 250-300 calories in a 60 minute class. I am 5'9, 167 pounds.
  • Hey,, When I do Body Pump I record 273 calories burned in a 60 minute session.
  • trimom63
    trimom63 Posts: 351 Member
    Everybody I know logs it as "circuit training, general"....so that's how I log it too!!
  • JennBrown83
    JennBrown83 Posts: 131 Member
    thanks everyone!! great suggestions and ideas for how to log it.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    I teach it and burn about 350 in a 60 minute class when teaching. This burn hasn't changed with my weightloss because I always push it and get my hr a knocking on certain tracks, but talking/singing etc through a work out does help increase your burn. I didn't know we could pare down to a 45 minute class.
  • mfpdcg
    mfpdcg Posts: 10 Member
    +1 on the "circuit training, general" suggestion from Jill.
  • Rjdj3530
    Rjdj3530 Posts: 154
    I log mine under Circuit Training as well. That's what my Bodypump instructor suggested. Our is also 60 minutes. I wonder what they are shaving off to get 45 mins. You could probably get that if you removed warm up, abs and cool down, which isn't a good idea IMO. We are getting ready for 79 in the next week I believe.