Day 1 - Wake up call!

Options
Hi all,

I just signed up and want to introduce myself. I have been on the diet roller coaster for years, but have all but given up in the last couple of years. I was doing WW in 2008 when my daughter was diagnosed with Juvenile Diabetes. It was a bit overwhelming to have to count points in addition to counting every carb that she consumed and calculating insulin. So 2.5 years later, and I have caught my breath a bit (only figuratively - I'm usually still trying to catch my actual breath:-) ) and am ready to try this again. Hopefully for the sake of my own health I will be able to make a permanent change this time. Thanks for reading!

Replies

• kittybells
    kittybells Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    This is the place for you! Welcome. You will learn so much here.
  • justgoing4it
    justgoing4it Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I just recorded what I have had for lunch and breakfast today and was amazed! I'm already over my daily calories:noway:
  • aprylc20
    aprylc20 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! We can ask questions and support each other!!
  • aprylc20
    aprylc20 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thats okay it definitely something to get use to!!
  • sevakraj
    sevakraj Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    The site is good, and helps keep health in check. Kudos for joining - and welcome to the community!
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Hi welcome !! how old is your daughter? I have been type 2 diabetic for almost 15
    years, now insulin free for 5 months (since starting mfp and dropping 60 lbs)
    you will find lots of help and support here
  • jwerman
    jwerman Posts: 176
    Options
    WELCOME! Making a lifestyle change is never easy, but it sounds like you have great determination already! You CAN do it!!
    MFP is a great tool! Good luck with your goals. :)
  • Lilian75
    Options
    Hiya. And welcome.

I know it can be a huge surprise (and not a pleasent one) to see black on white how much you have eaten. But it makes you stop and think, doesn't it. And hopefully will help you going forward.
    I know it has helped me and it makes you think a bit more before you eat - 'do I really want to eat this?' And of course there will be days where you do better/worse than others. E.g. the oher day I ate nearly 2000 calories EXTRA :noway:
  • justgoing4it
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss and becoming insulin free - I'm sure you are feeling much better. My daughter is 13, and with type 1 is insulin dependent for life, or until a cure is found.:ohwell: Fortunately she eats much better than I do.
  • justgoing4it
    Options
    Hiya. And welcome.

I know it can be a huge surprise (and not a pleasent one) to see black on white how much you have eaten. But it makes you stop and think, doesn't it. And hopefully will help you going forward.
    I know it has helped me and it makes you think a bit more before you eat - 'do I really want to eat this?' And of course there will be days where you do better/worse than others. E.g. the oher day I ate nearly 2000 calories EXTRA :noway:

Yes! As soon as I saw the total calorie number I knew I was in the right place!