Jeans

Options
Its been along time since I`ve been this small :) the last time I was I was in high school/college and shopped the Jr.s department most times with my friends.

Well after having kids I think the ladies section is more for me and well I love to shop and want some GOOD jeans. So far I have purchased some Calvin Kliens and I like them well enough but want to see what others like.

what Jeans do you purchase or prefer to wear and why

just as a note
I`m 5foot 5inches
184pounds
size 12 right now I just threw out all of my 14/16size clothing :)

Replies

• thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I pretty much swear by American Eagle jeans.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I like the Loft, Lucky Brand, and Humanities . . . I can't afford Humanities and I'm smaller than my favorite pair.
  • Misty1777
    Options
    I would like to see the answers to this question. I'm 5' 2" and 140 lbs. I have a small waist and thicker through the hips and thighs. It's so hard to find jeans that don't gap 3 inches in the waist and hang over my feet. :)
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    I think you may be in the UK? In which case, George at ASDA have jeans that fit just perfect and they do mid sizes...11/13/15 and not just the usual 10/12/14

Just that extra inch makes all the difference to the way they fit.

but don`t do the silly thing that I did...I treated myself to a new pair a few days ago to celebrate my weight loss...and forgot to check the short/regular/long and I bought long and they trail on the floor even with heels lol!
  • gladmo007
    Options
    :bigsmile: I like Maurices! They have silver jeans and I like to be stylish even though I'm an 18 right now.:bigsmile:
  • jamie78
    jamie78 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Me too! love them!!
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    I like Lucky jeans as well as the Gap's curvy jeans, mostly because I am pear shaped and they accommodate my butt and hips without the dreaded gap in the waist.
  • otr12
    otr12 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I'm also 5'5", 184, size 12.

Do all ladies jeans come with spandex in them now? I spent several hours hunting down jeans without that stretchy *kitten* ingredient and settled for a pair from Old Navy. They looked great for about an hour.
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    I like true religion, levi's and LOVE lucky's and 7 for all man kind
  • dragonflydi
    dragonflydi Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I have Levi's 515 and 505's and love them both b/c I can get them in "long" (I have a 31 1/2" inseam). I just replaced my size 10 jeans with 6's! :) I've NEVER worn a 6 in jeans ... and I'm down to a 4 in dress pants and dresses. I'm 5' 8.5" and 146 lbs :)
  • Jennfur2610
    Jennfur2610 Posts: 67 Member
    Options

This. I swear they are the only jeans that accomodate my larger hips and thighs without causing me to go up a size, or have insane gapping.

I also like GAP jeans, but they are constantly changing their styles and fits so you have to be patient and try the different fits.
  • lobster888
    lobster888 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    I love 7 for all mankind . They are expensive about 160 -180 a pair but I find a really good jean with a great fit worth it. I have two pairs - one that I wear as special dress jeans and one that I wear as everyday. They hold up very well. As a cheaper everyday jean I also have a pair of Old Navy. They have several styles so you may find a good fit.

Happy jean hunting!!!

Great going on the smaller size!!!!!
  • tiffanyvc
    Options
    You can try Buckle, if you have one in a mall near you. The people who work there know EVERYTHING about jeans, I swear. You can tell them where your problem spots are and they will pick the right kind/size/cut/etc for you.

When I was larger than I am now, I bought some jeans at Express that were nice, but they are pricey. And they weren't anything special - just jeans.
  • Myobi
    Myobi Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    For fashion jeans: I like Maurice's. They have a good variety of shapes, styles, cuts. The denim is softer and lighter, so they're more comfortable when it's 107 degrees outside. I'm a pear, so I try to balance that out with jeans that are boot cut or a small flare.

For Working-in-the-fields jeans: I like Calvin Kleins and Levis for their more durable denim. Cut isn't as much of an issue, but they still have a good variety. Their boot-cut is perfect since I'm usually wearing boots or durable high-tops.
  • colorfulcupcakes
    colorfulcupcakes Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Here's a tip if you're in the States and near a Torrid store - their sizing starts at 12 but practically no size 12 peeps go in there! So when I go there are racks and racks of size 12 jeans for me to try on, and they have lots of cute styles.
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I`m in the US :)

someone mentioned stretchy waist I`m not sure what that is the few pair I have now are just blue jean fabric with regular metal buttons and zippers

I do have an AE store near me and a few have mentioned those and I`ve seen 7`s on ebay and been tempted by them lol
  • Mel_Power
    Options
    I Love Silvers! They have them at Maurices, Buckle & Boston Store. They are well worth the $80+ to me :bigsmile:
  • Bgirl4890
    Options
    How did you lost 29lbs in 3 months?
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    For expensive jeans I LOVE Lucky brand jeans. The associates are super helpful in finding a fit for you too. I'm currently too fat for the pair I own, but one of my NSVs is to fit back into them! I only have one pair because I'm a broke college student and can't afford them LOL (I got the pair I have as a gift from my sis and a friend pooling for my b-day :P). We had a coupon and a sale, so it wasn't TOO bad.

For everyday jeans I wear Levi's, but I'm not saying the fit is super awesome or anything. I just wear what works. I try on 200 pairs of pants at a time looking for things that will fit.

No lie... my mum and I went shopping for dress pants this summer and I found ONE pair after spending the entire day trying on OVER 230 pairs of slacks! O_o I hate pants :P LOL Skirts all the way!
  • wendyw8
    wendyw8 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I love silvers, lucky, and true religion but they are kinda expensive. Debs has some cute jeans though that fit good