Fitness buddy

Options
kpaing121
kpaing121 Posts: 143 Member
Ok so my weight has not changed in a week I think I need a fitness buddy in Essex so hard to get motivated

Replies

• cqbkaju
    cqbkaju Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Your weight will not change "in a week".
    It takes months and years to see real results.
  • kpaing121
    Options
    I’m on a low carb low protien diet nd not a ounce off
  • cqbkaju
    cqbkaju Posts: 1,011 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    "a low carb low protien (sic) diet" does not magically make you lose weight.
    You have to eat less that you need, low carb or not.

Almost all of the rapid "weight" loss some people think they have from starting a low carb diet is mostly water and glycogen stores -not fat- as their bodies shift into ketosis.
    Your body will replenish these stores at the earliest opportunity, causing that "weight" to return to a baseline.
    Once in ketosis, people burn fat at the same rate as anyone else, based on CICO.
    To go into ketosis you need to be eating less than about 25 grams of carbs every day for about 10 to 14 days straight while consuming less than you need every day.
    2 slices of whole wheat bread is about 26 grams of carbohydrates.

You also should be getting at least 1 gram of protein per pound of lean mass, which is definitely not "low protien (sic)".

By your definition you are eating fats all day, which are more than twice the calories per gram compared to carbs or protein. That means you are almost certainly eating more than your calorie requirements.

Your expectations seem to be pretty unrealistic and your understanding of the processes involved appear to be flawed, at best.

For the record, if you are weight training with the goal of adding some lean muscle mass (which everyone should be, like it or not) then a low carb diet is one of the worst ideas in the long, sad history of bad ideas.
  • kpaing121
    Options
    Thank you trying to tone up bit now so more worried about my calories so I’m doing few weights arms legs stomach