Start of my fitness journey 2.0 (maybe 3.0, actually)

Options
megan_wilmotmcintyre
megan_wilmotmcintyre Posts: 4 Member
edited April 2019 in Introduce Yourself
Hi, I’m new here, sort of. This is the first time I’m taking it seriously anyway.

I’ve got a pretty wishy washy goal which I don’t really mind, just looking to improve my fitness level in general so I feel healthier, and also looking to shed a few pounds, not exactly sure how far I want to go with that right now. Just finished my first week and lost 1lb (a mini victory) and it feels good.. so guess I’m gonna keep going.

I’m not doing any fancy diet, just tracking calories so I’m more aware of how much I’m actually eating and adjusting what I eat as I go, just making healthier choices. I will never deprive myself of my sweet treats, so fit them in as and when I like to. Sometimes I go over but tomorrow is a new day so no point crying over spilt milk (or a greasy pizza).

Reading it back, this contains quite a lot of rambling but I guess I’m on here just to keep feeling motivated (progress pics please!!), and read other people stories, tips and anything else interesting you’ve all got to say! :)

Also, could do with some pals on here, so feel free to add me! Haven’t got much going on but I’ll try and be more interesting!

Replies

• OrangeBlossomSpecial21
    Options
    Here’s a pic for motivation...lost 45 lbs. in a year with the app. Welcome! You can absolutely do this. If I can, anyone can.
  • megan_wilmotmcintyre
    Options
    Wow, go you! You look great! 🤩 Thank you 😊
  • OrangeBlossomSpecial21
    Options
    You’re welcome! How much weight are you looking to lose? What are you doing besides using the app? Working out?

And thank you...I feel like I look a lot better. Feel a TON better. And you’re a beautiful girl, too 😊
  • megan_wilmotmcintyre
    Options
    Looking to lose around 10 lbs, but after working out and gaining a bit of muscle (hopefully) I don’t know how realistic that is, but going to play it by ear. I guess I’ll keep going until I’m happy with how I look! Yeah, I’m working out 4 times a week just home workouts, focusing mainly on lower body as that’s where I’d like to tone up most!

I guess that’s the best kind of result, feeling a lot healthier and happier! Ah thank you, that’s very sweet! ☺️
  • OrangeBlossomSpecial21
    Options
    Looking to lose around 10 lbs, but after working out and gaining a bit of muscle (hopefully) I don’t know how realistic that is, but going to play it by ear. I guess I’ll keep going until I’m happy with how I look! Yeah, I’m working out 4 times a week just home workouts, focusing mainly on lower body as that’s where I’d like to tone up most!

I guess that’s the best kind of result, feeling a lot healthier and happier! Ah thank you, that’s very sweet! ☺️

That seems very doable, and sounds like you’re doing the right things.

You’re very welcome. You really are beautiful...hope you know that.

The pic is me a few minutes ago...it’s good to feel good about yourself 😊
  • raedmisix
    raedmisix Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am on my 3.0 version too. Congrats!!
  • mirandamccusker
    mirandamccusker Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Megan in just starting out as well and dont have a clear weight goal. I am going to warn you from past experience to not judge yourself. If you lose weight until "youre happy with what you look like", from personal experience we end up taking it too far, or giving up because we just CANT get rid of the little pooch of a belly. Definitely focus on getting healthy though, you have an amazing story and mindset, just dont beat yourself.
  • ConnieAGinther
    ConnieAGinther Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.
  • mike_rom
    mike_rom Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Celebrate all the small victories, whether is a half pound or 5. Do the little things to hold yourself accountable. I have always found that having friends that know your goals really helps. I just added you, by the way. Your first friend on here and maybe we can help each other :)