Do you count the calories burned with exercise?

Options
I just changed my weight loss goal today and got to thinking. When you initially setup your profile and plug in your goals and activity level... does that activity level and Exercise Goals factor in to the amount of calories you are allotted per day? If I put down that I exercise 3 times per week, do I not count the calories burned in my diary since it was already a given that I would be exercising? Thanks!

Replies

• Phanessa917
    Phanessa917 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    bump
  • JDRBT
    JDRBT Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I don't think your work out goals are figured into you calories, but I KNOW you "activity level" is. I recently upped my activity level. Yes, I have a desk job, but I'm constantly finding reasons to get up on my feet and walk around. Most I know consider me a VERY active person, so I upped it to "silghtly active" when I wasn't seeing results anymore on my ultra low calorie "sedentary" mark.
    I now ONLY count my work outs if they are structured work outs - rather than the non-structured stuff I do every day. For example, I always walk my dog. Every day. Same pace. Same distance. I now considered that part of my "activity" level rather than a "work out". But if I strap on the shoes and go running, I'll count that as a work out. I figure I'll up my activity level as my work outs become easier and I lose more weight. Then I'll just be "more active" on the regular, rather than having to log every step I take.

The time you put in is just a goal for you to personally shoot for, I think.
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    No, the "exercise goals" are there for your benefit, to make sure you're moving enough. It doesn't factor in any extra calories until you actually log the workout. :)
  • JDRBT
    JDRBT Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Duplicate post.
  • eliana51
    Options
    Your body burn calories everytime on a day even when sleep, and
    Calories is calculated taking the minimum calories that you need on a day to live if you don't do any exercise.

If you do excersice you have to take this on mind.

For example:
    (1500 calories is your daily goal) and you do excersise and burn 200 calories, so you need to eat 1700 calories.

I hope you understand me, my english is not very good :(
  • jessicajoy87
    Options
    Yes its for all exercise, when it asks for how active you are when you set up your diary its asking about how active you are without added exercise, like at your job or at home.
  • russelljclarke
    russelljclarke Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Against a lot of advice here, I regard the calories burnt as weight off, and rarely eat them unless I'm really hungry. Works for me, with no ill effects - nearly 2 and a half stones in 13 weeks.
  • benjaminlaycock
    Options
    I eat all calories, even ones that I have earned from working out that day. I am also trying to stay at my current weight and gain muscle, so eating all my calories is recommended.
  • russelljclarke
    russelljclarke Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I'm also working out and gaining muscle. I STILL don't know what's right, just what seems to be working for me.