Earthquake

Options
So yesterday in Maryland I got to experince my first earthquake and I hope that was my last!

I was at work when it happen, all the windows and doors was moving, even out cash vault it was scary I got scared and hide under the desk with my co-worker...

Oh man what a day lol

Replies

• hummzz
    hummzz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Glad you got through it. I'm from California...the bay area so I grew up with earthquakes. I thought it odd that when my girls were in elementary school they didn't have earthquake drills like I did when I was in school. I was talking with a co-worker today that when I was a child we always thought earthquakes were fun. But now as an adult I can do without them.

You take care and you did right crouching underneath your desk!
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Hope everything gets back to normal soon. Beware of the aftershocks. I was asleep (I work nights) and I felt it. Bed was shaking just enough to wake me. I live in South Carolina. I heard that people in Georgia also felt it.
  • FollowThatUnicorn
    FollowThatUnicorn Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    We felt it here in Scranton. I work in a 100+ year old building, on the 4th floor, and it was scary. Much worse that that one in Canada we felt.
  • adamcf
    adamcf Posts: 126
    Options
    It's kinda funny to us west coasters that everyone got freaked out over a 5.8 earthquake. Someone on Facebook posted, "It wasn't an earthquake. It was the Founders collectively rolling over in their graves."
  • navyw1fe
    navyw1fe Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I live in va beach va and my coffee table was swaying and got light headed!! Now i have to deal with a cat 2 hurricane in a few days!! what the world coming too? was another earthquake in peru today too!
  • paulahhhh
    paulahhhh Posts: 283
    Options
    If you're from California, earthquakes aren't anything! JK! I loved the earthquake drills as a kid, as well!! I wonder if they still do them!! Regardless, I teach my nieces & nephews what to do with fires, earthquakes, etc.
  • vdavis_89
    vdavis_89 Posts: 334
    Options
    I grew up in Cali so Im used to them. We did earthquake drills up till like 3rd grade... glad it wasnt a catastrophic one though!!
  • vdavis_89
    vdavis_89 Posts: 334
    Options
    I live in va beach va and my coffee table was swaying and got light headed!! Now i have to deal with a cat 2 hurricane in a few days!! what the world coming too? was another earthquake in peru today too!

This is why I live in AZ ... the only "natural disaster" we get.... extreme heat and haboobs!!!
  • megamoo04
    megamoo04 Posts: 269
    Options
    thanks, I thought it would be neat to experience one until i did lol
  • FollowThatUnicorn
    FollowThatUnicorn Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    It's kinda funny to us west coasters that everyone got freaked out over a 5.8 earthquake. Someone on Facebook posted, "It wasn't an earthquake. It was the Founders collectively rolling over in their graves."

Yeah yeah West Coasters... :yawn:

When the building you're iin is swaying 1 foot side to side, it's scary. Especially when we don't get them here.

But that's ok. When you guys get 0.5" of snow and close all the schools and roads, we'll be the ones laughing!
  • megamoo04
    megamoo04 Posts: 269
    Options

When the building you're iin is swaying 1 foot side to side, it's scary. Especially when we don't get them here.

But that's ok. When you guys get 0.5" of snow and close all the schools and roads, we'll be the ones laughing!

i so agree!!
  • paulahhhh
    Options

I used to live in Reno, so I know about the snow.. It's not no .5", either!! LOL

I love that Cali gets all types of weather <3
  • paulahhhh
    Options
    What's funny is that we had an earthquake last night. Like around 11pm. I thought it was someone heavy footed that was walking by, but it wasn't. I asked my best friend & she said it was an earthquake!