Help - tough few weeks coming up...

Options
Next Friday I'm having an operation on my toe - doctors have said I wont be able to do any "proper" exercise on it for about 7-10 days cause of pressure/bleeding. Which means no gym..... no running and cause I cant get it wet... No swimming!! :(

I'm dreading it!! I'm convinced Im gonna just get used to not exercising and revert back to old ways. My diet will have to change a little too cause I wont have the extra exercise calories I use to treat myself.

The week after that I start my full-time placement. Up at 5:30am and wont be home til 7:30pm so for the first few weeks I'll be absoltuely knackered while my body adjusts - what kind of exercise regime would people reccommend?

I'm absolutely dreading going from working out pretty much every day to not having the ability or energy to do that!

Replies

• springtrio
    springtrio Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Work your upper body? Sit on the couch lifting weights, and what about upper body kickboxing cardio moves?
  • missybct
    missybct Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem in terms of time - I am up and having to get ready at 5:30am and then don't get home till about 7pm, at which point I need to try and feed myself and take care of the house. I end up going to bed around nine as I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and need as much sleep as possible!

I do a lot of standing at work (actually about six hours worth) and running up and down stairs but I never count this on my exercise tracker, as well as about 30 minutes of walking a day. I'll just have to make more of an effort to do exercise on my days off!

As for working out when after your operation, I would go with the upper body boxing to get your heart rate up.
  • EvieDiNova
    Options
    I agree with working out your upper body, but remember you can exercise all you want, if you don't eat clean and healthy 90 percent of the time you won't lose weight. It really is a ratio of 90/10. 90 food 10 exercise. Good Luck and stay positive; little changes now will turn into big success down the road. :smile:
  • Nikkie_too
    Nikkie_too Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I was looking through my library's online catalog of workout videos and saw a few that were adapted for chair-bound or otherwise immobilized people. Might be worth a try while you recover.

Weight loss (and maintenance) is mostly about diet anyway. Watch your intake and you'll be able to hold your ground while laid up.

Mend well!
  • Jessabelle12
    Options
    Thanks guys! Will defintiely be trying those tips!!