I met celebrities today...

I met Celtics legend Antoine Walker and Bryan Cranston today...how awesome is that. Ice Cube put it best...today was a good day 😎

Replies

• GimmeAMalt
    GimmeAMalt Posts: 83 Member
    I see famous musicians on a regular basis. Some are cool. Some are dicks.
  • I used to work at a restaurant where celebrities frequented. It was disappointing because I found many to be really annoying in person. Most recent “celebrity” was Dana White at a Raptors game in December. He was chill, I liked him.

I love Heisenberg though, I’m pretty jelly.

He was so nice. Smiled, listened to me fanboy for a minute, took the picture, and thanked me. Was really cool 😎
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    That's cool.

I am from LA and have met many celebrities. I do not get starstruck though. It is so common here.
  • nooshi713 wrote: »
    That's cool.

I am from LA and have met many celebrities. I do not get starstruck though. It is so common here.

Don’t see many of them where I’m from. And Breaking Bad is one of my favorite shows of all time.
  • GimmeAMalt
    GimmeAMalt Posts: 83 Member
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    That's cool.

Don’t see many of them where I’m from. And Breaking Bad is one of my favorite shows of all time.

I hear they’re making a movie.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    That's cool.

Where are you from?
  • GimmeAMalt wrote: »
    That's cool.

I hear they’re making a movie.

Yeah, all but confirmed. Supposed to be about Jesse’s life after the escape.
  • nooshi713 wrote: »
    That's cool.

Where are you from?

Originally from the Bay Area, but live outside Nashville now. Been here about a year and a half. I hear you can see country celebs in and around Nashville, but I haven’t seen anyone yet. Despite me being stoked for meeting Bryan Cranston, I’m actually not a big time celebrity guy. There aren’t a ton I’d be excited to meet. He’s one of them, though.
  • shelbydodgeguy
    shelbydodgeguy Posts: 194 Member
    That's pretty cool!

Twenty or so years ago I was an IT guy for several radio stations and got to meet several rock/pop & country musicians. Most were just perfectly normal people, though there were a couple has-been rock stars who were downright jerks while a bunch of us were backstage at a concert. I've always treated celebrities like everyone else - I don't get the whole going gaga over someone famous.

On a random note, I got to party on Sting's tour bus with his driver in a Holiday Inn parking lot but no Sting wasn't there.
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Only celebrities here in Oklahoma are NBA players and country singers. I've met a few Thunder players.
  • That's pretty cool!

Twenty or so years ago I was an IT guy for several radio stations and got to meet several rock/pop & country musicians. Most were just perfectly normal people, though there were a couple has-been rock stars who were downright jerks while a bunch of us were backstage at a concert. I've always treated celebrities like everyone else - I don't get the whole going gaga over someone famous.

On a random note, I got to party on Sting's tour bus with his driver in a Holiday Inn parking lot but no Sting wasn't there.

That’s cool. I worked at a TV station years ago and met a bunch of comics that could in to promote a local comedy club appearance. Gabriel Iglesias, Brian Regan, David Alan Grier, Tommy Davidson, Jay Mohr...they were all cool.
  • InspectorRed
    InspectorRed Posts: 757 Member
    ikhb9mdkepfk.jpg
    By far the most famous person I've ever met, Tom Berenger. My hubby did some work for he and his wife in Sturgis this past August, so I tagged along. Tom and his wife were very nice.
  • ikhb9mdkepfk.jpg
    By far the most famous person I've ever met, Tom Berenger. My hubby did some work for he and his wife in Sturgis this past August, so I tagged along. Tom and his wife were very nice.

Very cool. Loved him in Major League.
  • InkgirlKC
    InkgirlKC Posts: 251 Member
    I've never met any celebrities so I'm not sure how I would respond. But I would like to find out.
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    I've met lots, but as a NYer, I am not allowed to act like it's a big deal or anything.
  • SwannySez wrote: »
    I've met lots, but as a NYer, I am not allowed to act like it's a big deal or anything.

Not being a New Yorker, it doesn’t apply lol
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Reminds me of stories a friend tells me of his time in the area of Los Angeles, CA. He's met all the brightest stars of Hollywood, driven their rides. He worked valet parking at a nice restaurant.

Another of my friends, here in DFW, who has met Chuck Norris and all the guest stars of Walker. He worked security for the film company.

Meeting is easy. Being is the work.
  • JetJaguar
    JetJaguar Posts: 801 Member
    In college, worked the front desk of one of the nicer hotels in Daytona Beach. From that I've met a good number of NASCAR (and other racing series) drivers of the mid-90's. For the most part they were all super nice and down-to-Earth. Robby Gordon was a bit of a *kitten*, though.