Exercise ideas for someone that spends 10-15hrs driving per day?

Options
My job is to drive. I spend up to 15 hours a day driving. I go home, sleep, and repeat. Anything I can do while driving that won’t take my focus off the road?

Replies

• robthephotog
    robthephotog Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Nope. Nothing that would be safe anyway. Stretching would be about it

Regretfully i hear job situations like this, and 99% of the time the only way youll see real change is by making a job change. Just workout on days off. You could at least get a day or 2 a week.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Options
    Certainly you're doing restroom breaks along the way. I work from a desk 9 hours a day. Now, granted, I likely have more freedom than you being on the road, but I take a break around every hour for a couple of minutes. Two days a week I do 20 pushups, 20 or so Kettlebell squats or swings and 20 or so military presses with a dumbbell on each side. Five or six sets of these add up.

You could do one set when you wake up (takes literally like two minutes) and one set when you're done for the day and two/three sets when you take your restroom or eating breaks.
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    Options
    Take a look at this: Siphiwe Baleka / www.siphiwebaleka.com
    Siphiwe Baleka is the founder of the Baleka Method and the award winning Fitness Trucking Program.
    I watched a documentary about this guy recently and was quite impressed. Maybe you can find something there that would help, I hope.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    car dancing

Plus, you can fit in 10 min workouts a couple times a day when you stop for restroom/meal breaks.
  • Jess_Heartson11
    Jess_Heartson11 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I would do HIIT then you don't have to exercise for long periods. Maybe 15-20 mins every other day at first. There are some good videos on youtube that you can do in your home, whilst dinner is in the oven. Or do a longer low intensity exercise like a 5 mile walk on your days off?
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    What kind of work do you do?