Help!!!!!

Options
I binge coz I get hungry ( 1200 cake a day ) I’m was thinking of increasing my calories to 1700 a day to prevent binges ? Or would I gain ? I’m 4ft11 , 8st 7 , rarely exercise

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Do you have MFP set to lose 2 pounds per week? What does it give you for a calorie target if you put 1 pound per week, or even 0.5 lbs per week?

I don't convert stones well. How much do you have to lose overall?
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    You don't have a lot to lose so you shouldn't be trying to lose 2 lbs a week. Drop your loss rate to .5 lb/week (1/4 kilo?) and be patient. If you load your stats into the MFP calculator it will tell you how many calories a day you can eat to lose at a reasonable rate. Good luck.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    I binge coz I get hungry ( 1200 cake a day ) I’m was thinking of increasing my calories to 1700 a day to prevent binges ? Or would I gain ? I’m 4ft11 , 8st 7 , rarely exercise

How many total lbs do you need to lose?

How many lbs per week did you set yourself up to lose?

Is 1200 what MFP gave you based on your settings, or did you manually choose 1200 cals?
  • lesdarts180
    lesdarts180 Posts: 2,752 Member
    Options
    Hi, if you are less than 5 ft tall and not very active 1700 cals per day is probably too high to lose weight (it's probably around your maintenance calories). But there's a big difference between 1200 and 1700 - you don't need to go that far. Why not aim for about 1400 - 1500 per day but think of it as a weekly total, say 9,000 to 10,000 per week. Then you might find that you can limit yourself close to 1200 some days and indulge a bit more on others. That might help with binging as you can have treats on difficult days.
    I'm only just over 5 ft myself and that's how I cope with the 1200 calorie allowance. (And I have lost weight at around 1 lb per week for several months now, you only have a relatively small amount to lose)

Stick with it and it will work! Good luck.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    apullum wrote: »
    For those asking, OP weighs 119 lb. This is the top of OP's optimal BMI range.

OP, 1700 is far too many calories for you if you are not active. You would likely gain on this amount. For reference, I am 5'0" and maintaining at 110-115 lb on 1400 calories not counting my exercise. Unfortunately, if you are not active, 1200 is likely necessary for you to lose fat.

I would suggest that if you really want to lose more weight, increase your protein, fiber, and/or fat. These things make many people feel more satisfied, but which one(s) work best for you is personal preference that you will need to determine through trial and error.

I would also recommend that you consider recomp instead of weight loss. Recomp involves following a structured strength training plan to build muscle and cut fat. It makes many people happier with their appearance. If you are in recomp, you're eating at your TDEE, which would allow you more calories. See this thread: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10177803/recomposition-maintaining-weight-while-losing-fat/p1

Thanks, @apullum. The bolded was my concern. However, since I'm almost a foot taller than the OP, I wasn't sure what a ballpark number for maintenance would be.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,416 Member
    Options
    If you don't want to add exercise in order to "buy" more calories, then there's good advice above about losing slowly, and considering what food choices are most satiating for you personally.

One other thing to think about is the role of non-exercise activity (NEAT, or Non-Exercise Activity Thermogenesis). Unlike exercise, this is not really something you can log right away and eat back, but giving it some thought can increase your daily calorie expenditure without taking much time out of your day, and potentially help you to lose a bit faster on a small deficit.

There's a thread about it here:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10610953/neat-improvement-strategies-to-improve-weight-loss