What do you do for a living?

Replies

• RedMiataAZ
    RedMiataAZ Posts: 65 Member
    IT Engineer
  • julesdechaine
    julesdechaine Posts: 138 Member
    Corporate recruiter for an international advertising company.
    Basically, I'm super nice and try to get people a job and they hang up on me all day even after sending their resume to me.

Is that what they used to call a head hunter? Is that term disparaging? I really don’t know.

No, it's fine to use. I'm literally hunting heads lol
  • InspectorRed
    InspectorRed Posts: 757 Member
    Construction inspector, specifically bridge & highway construction
  • isalsayourface123
    isalsayourface123 Posts: 2,153 Member
    Cherry picker
  • LiftingSpirits
    LiftingSpirits Posts: 2,207 Member
    rfw1224 wrote: »
    Mortgage Underwriter....anyone need a loan?

I could use some money
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    rfw1224 wrote: »
    Mortgage Underwriter....anyone need a loan?

I could use some money

Me too but I want one with no paysie backsies.
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    edited April 2019
    I am a stay-at-home-mom-to-three-boys who takes on the occasional freelance writing/editing project.

I am also co-captain of my tennis team, communications manager for our elementary school's PTO, concessions manager for the high school band, and membership chair for my temple's Sisterhood organization.

Back in a former life, I worked in magazine publishing.
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,861 Member
    I have had 8 jobs in 10 years, is something wrong with me?

Of course.

ADHD
  • go_cubs
    go_cubs Posts: 1,183 Member
    I’m a slave basically
  • go_cubs
    go_cubs Posts: 1,183 Member
    edited April 2019
    go_cubs wrote: »
    I’m a slave basically

That’s offensive.

How
  • staticsplit
    staticsplit Posts: 538 Member
    I write sci fi and fantasy books and am a university lecturer.
  • johnmcc215
    johnmcc215 Posts: 40 Member
    IT Engineer
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    _TomCat_ wrote: »
    I used to do some modeling, when I was younger and in better shape. Probably nothing you've seen unless you lived near the area I was living in the nineties, and looked through the JC Penney's advertisements. Most of my work was modeling footwear, men's hosiery. Yes, I was a sock model back in the day.

Are you my brother? He did some JcPenney modeling in the nineties and his name is Tom.

If you are my brother and have seen some of my posts, don't tell mom and dad, that would be awkward. Also if you're my brother Tom don't tell me and we will pretend this never happened.
    A deep-seated fear of mine.

• RomaineCalm
    RomaineCalm Posts: 3,972 Member
    I used to do some modeling, when I was younger and in better shape. Probably nothing you've seen unless you lived near the area I was living in the nineties, and looked through the JC Penney's advertisements. Most of my work was modeling footwear, men's hosiery. Yes, I was a sock model back in the day.

Are you my brother? He did some JcPenney modeling in the nineties and his name is Tom.

If you are my brother and have seen some of my posts, don't tell mom and dad, that would be awkward. Also if you're my brother Tom don't tell me and we will pretend this never happened.

I could be your sister.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member

I could be your sister.

Holy *kitten* i was just thinking this today.