Replies

• Whitneylol
    Whitneylol Posts: 244
    Options
    Love duckface!!!!
  • smelius22
    smelius22 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    i cant stand this either!! and i especially hate when girls take pictures of themselves in the mirror with their cell phones.. but they point the phone at the mirror and then stare at themselves in the phone screen instead of smiling into the mirror at the camera! it doesnt make sense
  • corpus_validum
    corpus_validum Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Aaahh, the dreaded DUCKFACE. It screams out "I'm stupid!!!" Or *uckface for some guys.

WorstDuckFace.jpg

duckface2.jpg
  • Trixtabella
    Trixtabella Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I have done the angle, just not the silly pout haha.
  • MindyLynn77
    Options
    LMFAO!!! I dont know, but every kid i know does that.. some adults too!! The whole pokin the lips thing out irritates the **** out of me.. I want to PUNCH THEM IN THE FACE!!! Its stupidddddddddddddddd LOL
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    :laugh:

Ahhhh the dreaded duck face. Soooooo annoying and un attractive!

It is hilarious when someone takes a gazillion pictures of themselves from ONE angle (the aforementioned camera overhead pointing down from one side angle) We get it, that is your good side. *eyeroll*

I wonder if the girls that go looking for love on the internet and do this realize that eventually dudes are going to see the big nose, not so big eyes and whatever else they are trying to hide by the "good" angle? :huh:

~Edited to put good in quotations. The internet seriously needs a sarcasm font!
  • B_L_A_Z_I_A_N
    Options
    lol @ this 5 year old trend being "new"
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    It's the easiest way to take a photo of yourself and with digital cameras which we didn't have as kids, you can take a dozen of these until you look like your best self.

As a child/teen those 24 photos on my $5 roll of film + $6 developing was precious so I only tried this self-shot attempt maybe 5 times in my entire adolescence and it was usually a pic of me and a bf who happens to now be my hubby so they were soooooo worth it :)

EDIT: Ok I just googled "duck-face" and wow, that is f-ked up! I just thought you were talking about the angle but the lip thing, weird.... I must continue to google, i mean research ;)
  • alex215
    alex215 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    it's not only girls

guys do it too.

self-portrait-not-mine-duck-lips-male-hairband-poser-douche-1301007326.jpg
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    I'm so out of it. :laugh: I thought it was called trout pout, and that they were trying to look like the Olsen twins.

MaryKateOlsen_300x298.jpg
  • tashjs21
    Options
    LMAO @ Trout pout! :laugh:

Yep, not just chicks and not just teens, I've seen adults very guilty of the duckface and the myspace profile pic pose.
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    I think most girls feel that angle makes them look prettier and maybe not so chubby and unsymmetrical in the face. Sticking your lips out accentuates the cheekbones and thins the cheek and jawline. Just my guess! :smile: I did those awkard angles when I was in high school.

ErinBeth, I think you're right!
    The Pouty “Duck Lip” Smile Thing

The Olsen Twins (B*tches really like them) trademarked this a few years ago, but obviously, it’s still going strong. Pursed lips like a duck’s bill, slight downward head tilt, and forced hollowed cheeks? Yes please.

Combine this with the “Peace Sign” and you’re ready to go! Hello, Facebook profile picture!
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options

hmmm I guess you didn't make it but 5 words into the post.
  • tashjs21
    Options

hmmm I guess you didn't make it but 5 words into the post.

Don't you just love that? :ohwell:

BTW--whoever posted the OkCupid blog, that was pretty funny. :laugh: