Quick and Easy

Options
I am looking for some quick and easy recipes for meals all times of the day i am a very busy person as i am sure alot of people are and don't want to be cooking for hours on end anyone got some Quick and easies for me to try out?

Replies

• perishable
    perishable Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I always make yam fries.

heat pan to medium high heat
    1 yam
    Chop into fry-shapes or cubes
    a teaspoon of canola oil in the pan
    add a little salt and pepper (or cinnamon if you prefer something sweet/salty).
    cover and cook for 10-15 mins, stirring occasionnaly
  • hyde1977
    hyde1977 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I do Taco Salad a alot- I buy the ground beef or turkey and make up a large batch. I freeze it in individual serving sizes!

For dinner/lunch- just throw the lettus, cherry tomatoes, onions and whatever else you want- heat the the meat up and toss on the salad- I put 1 serving of cheese on top and some no fat sour cream!

Its great for dinner or lunch!

and...I only have to make it once every few weeks. I do that with alot of stuff. I bake a bunch of chicken and then freeze them- good for wraps, salads, fajitas,rice, stir frys etc....
  • thebunnies
    thebunnies Posts: 168
    Options
    simple, healthy breakfast: greek yogurt.. mix in anything you like. fruits, nuts, cereal. i've been mixing in peanut butter, almonds, and some sweetener.. it's even great for dessert!

lunch: grilled fish, grilled chicken.. with lots of sauteed veggies. i sautee mine in a pan with cooking spray, hot sauce and spices. i also have used citrus juice.. yummy.

dinner: sometimes i make extra of those sauteed veggies and mix it in with some egg-whites and cheese. smoothies are also quick, healthy, and delicious. use greek yogurt, frozen fruits, water (or juice) and some sweetener. add protein powder if you'd like, too.
  • ibbray04
    ibbray04 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I also do greek yogurt with honey/vanilla/berries (whatever) for breakfast. Salad for lunch. I usually cook/prep in advance for dinner.
  • dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Darn. I thought this was a personals ad from the subject line ;-)
  • avarielle1215
    avarielle1215 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I made a lot of food on the weekend and freeze it in individual servings. During the week, I use the slow cooker to keep the house cool and minimize cooking time. :)
  • theba2il
    theba2il Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Found some great looking crockpot recipes at tastykitchen.com.