I am intermittent fasting

Options
What is a good keto meal for my dinner?

Replies

• Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    What is a good keto meal for my dinner?

There are many keto recipe sites on the web. I am sure with a little work you could find one. It is always best to look for yourself because only you know what foods that you enjoy. Also maybe a little more research in to keto. The sites that I have read always has a list of food suggestions.
  • avaisadora
    avaisadora Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello! First week IF and I’ve only lost 1lb, I hear of all these amazing stories of 6lbs down on their first week and it’s hard for me not to be disappointed. I eat no more than 1400 cal/day and do 4 intensive works out a week. I’m a female, 5’8 and 165lbs - looking to drop 25lbs. Any one experience the same slow weight loss or have any feedback to share :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,641 Member
    Options
    ruled.me.com dietdoctor.com ibreatheimhungry.com and pinterest are some great sites for low carb/keto recipes
  • Hilogirl2018
    Hilogirl2018 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    @uniquebell330 You can keep it very simple: meat and low carb veggies works for dinner.

@avaisadora I'm an IFer and also a slow loser. IF isn't really a fast track, just one way of eating. Stick with it for a while to see if it's a good fit for you; it doesn't work for everyone. I know it's discouraging to hear amazing success stories of quick weight loss in the beginning, but focus on you. You can be very successful over the long run without losing a ton of weight the first week.
  • ca_josh
    ca_josh Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    avaisadora wrote: »
    Hello! First week IF and I’ve only lost 1lb, I hear of all these amazing stories of 6lbs down on their first week and it’s hard for me not to be disappointed. I eat no more than 1400 cal/day and do 4 intensive works out a week. I’m a female, 5’8 and 165lbs - looking to drop 25lbs. Any one experience the same slow weight loss or have any feedback to share :)

I’ve done IF for a while and it does work. 1st week or two your body has to adjust, after that it will start burning fat like crazy. Needs to be combined with strength training and a slight caloric deficit.
  • avaisadora
    Options
    ca_galt wrote: »
    avaisadora wrote: »

I’ve done IF for a while and it does work. 1st week or two your body has to adjust, after that it will start burning fat like crazy. Needs to be combined with strength training and a slight caloric deficit.

Super helpful to know! Excited to go on this journey :)
  • avaisadora
    Options
    @uniquebell330 You can keep it very simple: meat and low carb veggies works for dinner.

@avaisadora I'm an IFer and also a slow loser. IF isn't really a fast track, just one way of eating. Stick with it for a while to see if it's a good fit for you; it doesn't work for everyone. I know it's discouraging to hear amazing success stories of quick weight loss in the beginning, but focus on you. You can be very successful over the long run without losing a ton of weight the first week.

Really appreciate the feedback, it’s exactly what I like to hear! Thank hou
  • Hilogirl2018
    Hilogirl2018 Posts: 687 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    @avaisadora you're welcome! I love eating this way. It really is important to give it several weeks, both to adjust AND to see how your body responds. There isn't one unified definition of IFing- my version is the following, in case it helps you to see one possible model: I eat from 12-8 p.m., and during my fasting window, I stick to water and plain iced cold brew coffee. I have learned that chewing gum or adding *anything* to my coffee makes me hungry, but that's just me. Give yourself permission to experiment!
    EDITED to add: Also, don't obsess over your eating/fasting window! Mine changes based on the day's demands and social setting. IFing can be very flexible.