Lost 10 LBS

Options
Terytha
Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
I've only been doing this for two weeks but its 10 lbs. My goal thing shows a different number because I lied and said I was lighter than I was. Denial gets me through some days and I was in a baaad place when I downloaded this app. It feels good to have gone down for the first time in years.

My doctor was unimpressed but I think 10 lbs is a pretty solid starting point considering how long I've been stubbornly ignoring my weight problem (spoiler: many, many years.)

Replies

• Remoth
    Remoth Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I don't know how much you want to lose, but any 10lb loss is worth celebrating! Something that helps me a lot, is making sure I remember how much better I feel when I'm eating less and not bingeing. So, remember how this loss feels and use that as fuel to fire your determination!

And if you end up experiencing a slow down in your rate of loss, dont let it get to you! If you know you are doing things correct, just keep it up and you will be rewarded. 10 lbs in two weeks is a very substantial loss, but dont feel bad if It drops or even stops for a week. Weight loss is not linear.

Congrats again! Looking forward to your progress!
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Many people experience quicker weight loss in the beginning which should then slow down to a healthier and more sustainable rate, so don't get disappointed when that happens. Sticking with this for 2 weeks and being excited for that loss is a great start. Keep going! You can do this!
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    If you're ready to get your start weight right you can change it. Go to 'check-in' tab on your 'my home' page. At the bottom click on "edit previous entries" and you can fix it when you'rre ready.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!