Stop Start & Follow Through

Options
I'm not new to MFP, but I have failed repeatedly at going more than two days at a time before my motivation disappears. I'm big into goal setting and I am very disciplined at work, I work out on my Peloton Tread religiously 5 days per week, but the logging of calories and willpower is good for about two days. I decided to come here and try to build some friendships and find that spark that I know I am lacking. I don't have a ton to lose, about 20 lbs, but it is more than that. It is creating that constant awareness and building a new habit. Let's do this!

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,055 Member
    Options
    Welcome back to MFP...I too am not new to MFP I just have given up and deleted MFP accounts more than I care to count in the past...I am done being a damn yo-yo....We Can and Will do this....You are welcome to add me :) Wishing you the very best ;)
  • HilltopperCanDoIt
    HilltopperCanDoIt Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    By the way, I ate a boneless skinless chicken thigh with a healthy helping of the Costco Mac'n'cheese I found in the fridge for breakfast after my workout :#
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    Welcome. loosing 20 lb you are as well to look to loose at the rate of half or 1 lb a week, you should not have to make any great gestures to achieve this loss. I hope you are using the guided set up and have set your activity level appropriately. Possibly adjusting your portion size is all you kneed. Once you have a few days under your belt you will have many foods/meals you regularly choose at your fingertips, foods you can click the ones from your meals lists or even use the copy to date or from, function. This should ease you into counting calories and balancing food groups less time consuming. All the very best, someone who fits your demographic will be by soon.
  • csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    Try pre logging all your meals at night for the following day. Then your goal is to literally eat everything you already prepared.
  • HilltopperCanDoIt
    HilltopperCanDoIt Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    csplatt wrote: »
    Try pre logging all your meals at night for the following day. Then your goal is to literally eat everything you already prepared.
    I like it. I do that some of the time with my morning shake and prepared lunch, but I also think it isn't procedural, but rather about the goal itself. Why is it important to me, what do I get if I accomplish it, etc.

• kodiakke
    kodiakke Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I too have been on MFP for years, but actually logging... Not so much. Well, I finally broke that streak this time; guess third time was the charm. The game changer for me was indeed getting a great group of people around who are active - especially in engaging and interacting. Diary stalkers are great motivation! As well as inspiration. The perspiration part is up to me. :)