hello...im new

Options
just thought id introduce myself...my name is joanne and im 27 years old and very overweight....i find it difficult to lose weight because i have an underactive thyroid which im on meds for...also suffer from depression so my energy seems to fluctuate alot...some days im great, others i can only sleep

got a 3 week hol to orlando planned for 2013 and i dont want to be mistaken for the whale at seaworld....i hate any hol pics i have of myself as i look huge

my fave form of exercise is going to gym (esp weights) and zumba

Replies

• dcbella
    dcbella Posts: 45
    Options
    welcome Joann...good luck feel free to add me....thanks !!
  • koluvsmusic
    Options
    Welcome aboard Joanne. Myfitnesspal is the best place to get feedback & support. I truly adore the motivation & inspiring stories shared on this site. You will do very well. Weight loss is a battle I've been fighting for years, but with motivation & the will to keep going, you will do great Joanne! :happy:
  • tammyll3
    tammyll3 Posts: 44
    Options
    Welcome! I also love zumba. Feel free to add me if you would like.
  • alouks
    alouks Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Welcome JoAnne. I think utilizing this website consistently is one of the best things you can do. It keeps you aware of what you are doing on a daily basis. I've been working out for 5 months and have not lost weight but have definitely gained strength. That in itself feels good. I don't have much to lose. For me it's more about body composition. Fat vs. Muscle that I want to work on getting into a better ratio. You can add me. I'll support you.
  • daybabe
    daybabe Posts: 3
    Options
    Welcome Joanne. I just came back to MFP this week on Monday and the support is phenomenal. I am originally from Florida and with such a great vacation looming ahead you have amazing motivation....and we'll all support your efforts. Feel free if you want to add me.