Losing weight but not inches?

Options
I always thought this was the other way around! I've lost 7lbs in about 103 days (this is a big deal as I am a small person!) I weigh myself every other day and am happy with result to date. But, I measured my hips and waist today and was surprised to see no change, despite my clothing fitting slightly better?

Has this happened to anyone else?

Replies

• dhiammarath
    dhiammarath Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I've despaired of not losing inches, and it turned out I've lost them in my neck or fingers or toes or feet. Last year, when I buckled down to lose the last kgs and get to my goal, I decided to take a variety of inches. So it might not come off where I want it to (for me, that's calves and bust), but I'll see other parts of me lean out. Frustrating to be sure, but the body does as the body will do!

Now if only I could access an admin panel... then I'd be in business. Alas, nature is far to fickle to give me control! :lol:
  • Torxa
    Torxa Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Good job on your losses.

The inches may be disappearing from areas you are not measuring, if you are only measuring hips and waist, that is likely the issue. I have lost 16 lbs and am also a small person, and my feet shrank, so weight can definitely come off in weird places. It never occurred to me to measure my feet, so the only way I know this is due to my shoes fitting loose.
  • 1BlueAurora
    1BlueAurora Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, it's impossible to control where on the body we lose inches. The first area I lost weight was my boobs and face, then thighs and hips, then stomach. Eventually, my wedding ring kept falling off, so I guess I got skinnier fingers, too. Of course, it was the waist and hips I wanted to get thinner, but that's just the way it goes! Keep patient: it sounds like your pants are fitting better, so maybe your thighs and butt are smaller, but you haven't been measuring those areas. Start measuring your bust and thigh circumference and see what happens!
  • rickiimarieee
    rickiimarieee Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Y’all brought me to attention with things I never thought would shrink! Thank you, sheds light on people getting discouraged when they’re not seeing weight loss and don’t know where it’s coming off at!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    If you clothes are fitting better, you're losing inches. Your tape placement could be little off. Very difficult to get the same measurement even twice in a row and especially if dealing with small increments..