Running NSV

Options
sgoldman328
sgoldman328 Posts: 379 Member
So one of my minor goals is to do a 5K on Thanksgiving. To prepare, I've been working on building up my time/distance.

I am happy to report that for the first time ever (and I mean ever, I have NEVER been a runner) I managed an entire mile --On treadmill 4.7 speed, 12:45 time -- although I ran for 13:00!

AND IT FEELS GREAT!

Replies

• RissaDean
    RissaDean Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    WOOHOOO!! Way to go :)
  • akfrenc
    akfrenc Posts: 5
    Options
    That is so GREAT!!! Keep it up!
  • Cat52169
    Cat52169 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    YEAH!!!! Congratulations!! I'm have a similar goal. Check out C25k on google. It will train you how to run a 5k in 9weeks. That should help you reach your goal :smile: Good luck!!
  • mistyokstate
    mistyokstate Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    way to go!!! I coach a couch to 5k program at our local running store and it is fantastic to watch someone reach that goal!
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! Keep it up and you'll kill it on the T-Day 5k! Awesome work! :smile:
  • sgoldman328
    sgoldman328 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone!
  • flvsusandy
    flvsusandy Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!! I second the c2k5 post. I did the program last year and literally started from nothing (like couldn't even run 5 minutes) and now have a love for running and am training for a half marathon in the fall.

One thing the program preaches is don't worry about your time right now, just the distance. Who cares if you ran 3 miles in 45 minutes....you still did it!!! Good luck! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!