Calorie Guilt :(

Options
Okay, I recently saw a Dietician.
And i'm thoroughly convinced shes trying to kill me.
haha it feels like it anyway.

She has me restricted to 1900 calories...and i'm STARVING. I easily burn up to 800-1200 calories because I work out twice a day doing water aerobics, so i'm still always in a calorie deficit.

Can I relax a little as long as I eat the right things?

Save me :(

Replies

• deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    keep a food diary and provide feedback to her - she probably started off at a baseline and will adjust as needed - when is your next appointment with her?

i work with a nutrition team and get weekly checkins where they tweak my calories as needed - 1900 seems low since 5'3", 159 and i'm maintaining on 2700cal a day
  • healingwmark
    healingwmark Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I don't see her for another month :(
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    How much weight are you losing per week?
  • healingwmark
    healingwmark Posts: 9 Member
    Options

Thats the problem....I haven't...so thats an issue in itself...
  • Cassandraw3
    Cassandraw3 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Are you able to message her? A lot of health care facilities now have online access where you can message a medical professional with concerns that do not require an actual visit.

• Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    how long have you been eating 1900 calories? how does that compare to what MFP gives you?
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options

how long have you been doing this? are you weighing and logging everything? has your exercise routine changed at all (uptick in water weight)
  • oceangirl99
    oceangirl99 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    It will depend on how you "spend" your 1900 calories too. Maybe look into volume eating where you eat loads of lower calorie fiber rich foods.
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    What are your current stats? What are the type of foods you are eating to reach your calorie goal? There is a lot of different ways to eat 1900 calories, and some are much more filling than others.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Would you be willing to open your diary to the public? Maybe we can help you with your food diary.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

Do you weigh your food?
  • eeanneli
    eeanneli Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    How are you measuring exercise burn as mfp is notorious at over estimating exercise calories? Also do you weigh your food as may be eating more than you think if not weighing.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    OP please come back and answer the important questions! I always hope these kind of posts the OP is open to guidance and seeing where they may be able to fix what's up.