hello

Options
:smile: well im new to this and i dont know where to start what excercises can i do at home i dont know where to begin

Replies

• lupelve03
    Options
    :smile: well im new to this and i dont know where to start what excercises can i do at home i dont know where to begin
  • jvandertuin
    Options
    Hi Lupe:

Start by tracking your food and then going for a walk!

You can do this!

Best of luck
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    There are several things you can do. To tone and build muscle, just use weights or stuff around your house, get a book, DVD or an On Demand show to show you how to do it right. This builds muscle but is not considered cardio.

Cardio workouts get your heart rate up to the point where your body is burning fat. That helps your weight loss go faster than just with diet alone. There are tons of On Demand programs if you have that in your tv package, or a video - or even just dancing around the room! It is suggested you start at 30 mins 3x per week. Most people say walking but you REALLY have to walk fast to get your heart rate up there, that's hard if you're walking around your block. It doesn't matter so much WHAT you do when you're doing cardio - shoveling snow counts! - if you just want your body to burn fat. Just check your heart rate and make sure you're in the fat burning range. (if your resting heart beat is 60 beats per minute, you want your heart rate at 107 or above, according to my trainer).

I joined a gym, started on the treadmill at 2.0, now 5 weeks later I am at 3.2 (which is fast for someone with short legs) and I'm having trouble getting my heart rate up there. I can't jog so it's probably time to move to the elliptical.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. You will love this site if you don't already. I love this site so much. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.
  • marisol7649
    marisol7649 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Welcome, and walk walk walk and drink lots of water. Also measure yourself to see your progress.
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Welcome glad you joined us! :flowerforyou: Walking, strength training too. Use cans or a heavy book if you have no weights but starting out your own body weight will be enough. Resistance bands are pretty cheap at Wal-mart or Target.