Back again

Options
Hi everyone! Hoping that the third time is the charm! I’m back to logging everything I eat and I’ve started keto again. Past experiences were very lazy keto, this time it’s almost dead-on. I am grateful for the MFP community, and hope to connect with others for accountability. Happy Thursday!

Replies

• LeeBo_Photo
    LeeBo_Photo Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! You can do it!
  • Beav73
    Beav73 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Welcome back
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,468 Member
    Options
    Welcome back....I too have returned to MFP...I had a bad habit of given up (many times) and deleting my accounts...I am also a keto'er....Feel free to add me if you would like...wishing you the very best :)
  • sakebombz
    sakebombz Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Howdy!! I’m returning as well. And am attempting Keto. How as MFP worked for tracking net carbs ?
  • runrose1
    runrose1 Posts: 2 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Hello welcome back! I'm new here ... Monday of this week was my first day on the program, so far so good after leaving WW which I found wasn't the right fit for me. I weight train 4 days a week and finding myself feeling very tried through out the day. I joined to get my energy levels up and to maximize my end results of losing some extra weight and building muscle mass.
  • smahan2010
    smahan2010 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    sakebombz wrote: »
    Howdy!! I’m returning as well. And am attempting Keto. How as MFP worked for tracking net carbs ?
    sakebombz wrote: »

I got used to subtracting fiber from my carbs from the beginning, so I don’t really worry about MFP tracking the net.

Good luck on your keto journey! There’s so much (dis)information out there!
  • smahan2010
    Options
    runrose1 wrote: »
    Hello welcome back! I'm new here ... Monday of this week was my first day on the program, so far so good after leaving WW which I found wasn't the right fit for me. I weight train 4 days a week and finding myself feeling very tried through out the day. I joined to get my energy levels up and to maximize my end results of losing some extra weight and building muscle mass.

Hey Runrose! Good for you on the weight training; that’s awesome! I know I need to start, but for now, I’ll be in the corner gnawing on my Kerry Gold, lol. Baby steps.

I know people that have done WW with great success. I don’t know that it would work for me, either though.

Hope you find the answers to your sluggishness. It’s almost always diet, I think. I know when I eat keto and keep it really clean (not too much dairy), I feel much better and have tons of energy.
  • smahan2010
    Options
    Welcome back....I too have returned to MFP...I had a bad habit of given up (many times) and deleting my accounts...I am also a keto'er....Feel free to add me if you would like...wishing you the very best :)

@Megan_smartiepants1970 - I don’t know which I like better: your username or your profile picture!!! And, giving up seems to be my superpower...... hoping this time it sticks. I’m traveling a lot for work over the next few weeks. It’s gonna be a *kitten* to stay on track.

I gave up sugar in my coffee, and think that’s permanent. I think I like it better with just cream. I’m only down a few pounds of water weight so far, and I have a sneaking suspicion that I’m eating too much dairy (for the love of God, not dairy, too!!).

Would love hear how you’re faring.

SM