Fell hard off the wagon

Options
I've fallen so hard off thee wagon I ddont know what to do any advice???

Replies

• RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    Perhaps take baby steps back on so you don't overdo it and accidentally lose your balance?
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Often when people fall off the wagon, it's because they've chosen a wagon that's really tough to stay on.

Assuming your goal is weight loss, all you REALLY need to accomplish that is a calorie deficit. Other stuff can make a deficit easier, or make you healthier, but the deficit is all you need to lose weight.

So choose a slow rate of loss, and log accurately the foods you typically eat, in portions that stay within your calorie goal. After you get in that groove, then start learning from your log. Eat more of the foods that fill you up, eat less of the foods that leave you hungry or trigger over eating. Take a walk on your lunch break. Keep learning and tweaking. It's okay to take a week or two every few months and eat your maintenance calories instead of a deficit. Will that slow you down? Of course. But getting to your goal slowly is better than continually falling off the speeding wagon :smiley:
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    I never fall off the wagon when I have my fridge stocked with plenty of healthy food, and bowls of fruit and vegetables on my counter. I fall off my wagon when the fridge gets empty and I'm crazy busy with work.. or traveling and eating out all the time.

So, my advice is to go grocery shopping..stock up on your healthy goodies..and start drinking your water. After a few days of that.. get back to exercising a few times a week. Get back on that wagon!
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,467 Member
    Options
    You keep a food diary? Start one and never stop. Log everything, the good, the bad and the ugly. If you’re just starting a diary don’t get discouraged if it’s a pain in the neck at first, it gets easier. Use a food scale to crunch the numbers. It’s more accurate than measuring cups.

You’ll never be off the wagon or track or program again. The diary is a thing to do, the only way not to do it is quit. Don’t go to pieces if you go over your number. There are lots of ways to make mistakes. But the process is more important than the numbers for any particular day. Losing any significant amount and keeping it gone takes a lot of persistence. Good luck.
  • SoaringOccamy
    SoaringOccamy Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I would say try to mentally reaffirm your goal and what it will take to get there. Then stock up your fridge with your best healthy, low calorie options, and try to dust yourself off and keep going. Don't try to overly restrict to try to make up for it. Just move forward. Everyone has little slips. That is part of the great uphill climb that is weight loss.