Bloated

Options
Every day around 3:30 I get very bloated! To the point where I can't even fit into my pants. My sodium count isn't that high. I am still hungry but my stomach gets pains that makes me not want to eat. This has been happening to me for a while now. It doesn't go away until I go to sleep. Suggestions?

Replies

• sunnyrunner23
    sunnyrunner23 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    bump...happens to me too. My doctor told me to increase my fiber and water but nothing seems to help. It is very frustration and distracting while I am at work!
  • BGabbart
    BGabbart Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Highly recommend you see your doctor.
  • amandavictoria80
    amandavictoria80 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Every day around 3:30 I get very bloated! To the point where I can't even fit into my pants. My sodium count isn't that high. I am still hungry but my stomach gets pains that makes me not want to eat. This has been happening to me for a while now. It doesn't go away until I go to sleep. Suggestions?

I totally had the same thing happening to me. I would actually be 5 lbs heavier later in the day.

The first thing I have to ask is are you drinking lots of water? Cause as weird as it sounds, the more water you drink, the less bloated you will be.
    You could also try a diuretic. Jillian Michaels has a good one. http://www.nowloss.com/jillian-michaels-lose-5-pounds-in-7-days-diet-drink.htm

It could also be something you are eating or drinking. Some foods and drinks can make you bloat.
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    bump...happens to me too. My doctor told me to increase my fiber and water but nothing seems to help. It is very frustration and distracting while I am at work!

Your doctor told you to increase your fiber for bloating? Fiber causes bloating though. My doctor told me to cut back on the fiber when I was super bloated (I was eating a lot of fiber though).
  • sleepy7
    sleepy7 Posts: 104
    Options
    have you been eating too much carbs? because carbs also causes bloat
  • ItsMeLori
    ItsMeLori Posts: 346
    Options
    Check your food choices. Carbs do it to me.
  • mindyofchundy
    Options
    could be irritable bowel syndrome. fortunately, on mfp you are already keeping a food journal, so do a review and see what foods you eat most commonly and maybe cut those out. if you have started eating a lot more fibrous foods lately like apples and broccoli, that could also be the issue. and, of course, lots of water to flush everything through is always a good idea. but if those suggestions don't work in a few days, definitely see your doctor and mention irritable bowel syndrome- i had it as a teenager and fixed it myself with diet and exercise- the meds for it like prilosec made me feel funky. good luck!
  • sleepy7
    sleepy7 Posts: 104
    Options
    also if you are getting pains in your stomach it could be eating too late. you should be eating 6 times a day. that is including snacks
  • Myobi
    Myobi Posts: 129 Member
    Options

Your doctor told you to increase your fiber for bloating? Fiber causes bloating though. My doctor told me to cut back on the fiber when I was super bloated (I was eating a lot of fiber though).

I think it depends. My doctor had me increase my fiber because the bloating was from constipation (I also needed to up my water intake to help with the increase in fiber).
  • bris3jbt
    bris3jbt Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    The only food I eat every day is my protein shake with Silk Milk. That's in the morning for breakfast though. I don't feel bloated until the afternoon. I will give it a shot anyways. I am seeing my doctor next week. So, I will defiantly mention it to her because it hurts at the end of the day.
  • ReadySara
    ReadySara Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Honestly most food can cause you to get bloated. I have the same problem and my doctor hold me to take hart burn med & beans.....lol Yes beans because they can help release the air in your stomach.....hahaha too funny