I am finally doing it!

I think it is finally time I tooted my own horn. I know this isn't easy for any of us and we all have our own challenges. I joined this site back in Feb of last year, but wasn't consistant following it. I then spent 6 months swollen and dealing with an autoimmune disorder that made any physical activity extremely painful. I gave up.

I finally hit my high point around Christmas, hitting a number I never thought I would. the dreaded 300lbs. Hitting that number scared me, I couldn't blame it on any other circumstance or situation. I had let myself get there. After all the holiday gatherings were done I got serious near the end of January and started watching my portions and calories (even on weekends which was always difficult for me) and have started doing cardio and yoga.

I am so happy to be seeing the numbers finally going in the right direction. I stepped on the scale this morning and was so happy to see the numer I did. I am down 15lbs! I have a long way to go, but I feel now like I can do it! I don't think I could do this without this site, everyone is so supportive and inspiring so thank you all! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Sarandipity
    Sarandipity Posts: 1,560
    I think it is finally time I tooted my own horn. I know this isn't easy for any of us and we all have our own challenges. I joined this site back in Feb of last year, but wasn't consistant following it. I then spent 6 months swollen and dealing with an autoimmune disorder that made any physical activity extremely painful. I gave up.

I finally hit my high point around Christmas, hitting a number I never thought I would. the dreaded 300lbs. Hitting that number scared me, I couldn't blame it on any other circumstance or situation. I had let myself get there. After all the holiday gatherings were done I got serious near the end of January and started watching my portions and calories (even on weekends which was always difficult for me) and have started doing cardio and yoga.

I am so happy to be seeing the numbers finally going in the right direction. I stepped on the scale this morning and was so happy to see the numer I did. I am down 15lbs! I have a long way to go, but I feel now like I can do it! I don't think I could do this without this site, everyone is so supportive and inspiring so thank you all! :flowerforyou:
  • jhacker
    jhacker Posts: 301 Member
    That is so awesome! :flowerforyou: Feels so good doesn't it?:smooched:
    Keep it up! You can do this! :flowerforyou:
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Woot! You rock!!:drinker:
  • Sarandipity
    Sarandipity Posts: 1,560
    Thanks to both of you. It does feel great :happy:
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Hurray! Good for you!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Congrats, Keep up the great work you are doing awesome.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!