I did it!!

Options
Hit my first goal of 20lbs officially this week!! I'm so excited about that! But even better than that, I took my measurements today and in almost 2 months I've lost a total of 12 inches. 4 of those inches from my waist (YAY!!) and 2 of those from my chest (double YAY!! I've got lots to lose and looking forward to less back problems!!) I went out last night to buy some new workout equipment (was looking for resistance bands or ankle weights) but I couldn't find anything I liked, so I bought new sports bras instead and just that little something new gave me an extra bit of motivation in my workout today!!!

Congratulations to everyone who has been reaching their goals, or has still been making progress!! This is such a great experience to share with all of you!!

~Pam

Replies

• PammyB3130
    Options
    Hit my first goal of 20lbs officially this week!! I'm so excited about that! But even better than that, I took my measurements today and in almost 2 months I've lost a total of 12 inches. 4 of those inches from my waist (YAY!!) and 2 of those from my chest (double YAY!! I've got lots to lose and looking forward to less back problems!!) I went out last night to buy some new workout equipment (was looking for resistance bands or ankle weights) but I couldn't find anything I liked, so I bought new sports bras instead and just that little something new gave me an extra bit of motivation in my workout today!!!

Congratulations to everyone who has been reaching their goals, or has still been making progress!! This is such a great experience to share with all of you!!

~Pam
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Options
    Well DONE! :flowerforyou:
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • mdd0001
    Options
    Congrats! Keep up the great work!
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    awwww that is amazing. You know how much weight that is. Like how many watermelons, or maybe how many bags of milk, etc. lol

what an accomplishment.

congrats.
  • sjefferson
    Options
    Congratulations!! I am new and my goals seem so far off. If you do not mind me asking, what did you specifically in addition to the food diary?
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    :bigsmile:
  • Fab.O.N.E.64
    Options
    Congratulations!:happy: Keep on truckin'!!!:bigsmile:
  • lizburnsyb
    Options
    Congratulations! I'm so impressed!
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    That's great!!! Good work - keep it up!:heart::drinker:
  • julie737
    julie737 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    It's great to measure inches lost--it really gives you an idea of how much smaller you've gotten! I need to do that, too.

Congrats!
  • Smilineyes
    Smilineyes Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • PammyB3130
    Options
    Congratulations!! I am new and my goals seem so far off. If you do not mind me asking, what did you specifically in addition to the food diary?

in addition to the food diary, I've been extremely faithful to my TaeBo workouts. I usually do a 40 minute cardio session every day and most days I do a half hour of weights/toning/calisthenics. I've also made sure to drink AT LEAST 8 glasses of water a day.

I've had many days where I've been tempted not to work out or tempted to eat that junk food, but I've learned to push through the workouts even if I'm not feeling up to it. Usually by the end of the workout I'm feeling good and extremely happy that I did it. Also I've had many many many days where I've gone over on my calories, gone out to eat, or just gave in to a craving, and the thing I've found is that I can't dwell on it and beat myself up for it...I just need to move on and stay on track the next day. on other diets that's when I would have given up and started gaining back, but now I'm seeing this as a lifestyle change more than a "diet".

I also try to make everything I do into a workout. any housework I do I try to make sure I'm using my legs more and trying to use as many muscles as I can. When I play with my kids I try to turn it into a fun workout for everyone.

Just keep with this program and set small goals for yourself. I still have a long way to go to reach my ultimate goal, but by setting smaller more easily reachable goals, I don't feel so overwhelmed and I get that much more motivated when I reach each goal!!
  • kimford28
    Options
    :bigsmile: WOW WEE!!!! GREAT WORK!!!
  • its time for change
    Options
    You are doing great!!! :drinker: :drinker:
  • meme2018
    meme2018 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    That's great :flowerforyou: :happy: WTG :drinker: :drinker:
  • Ileanak
    Ileanak Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Terrific! You are an inspiration!!
  • momathome
    Options
    that's great!!!!!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing with us and congratulations!!! You are doing great! Keep up the good work. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Congrats Pammy! That is awesome!!! Now you know you CAN do this! :) That realization is always such a great feeling.