Struggling

Options
Hello everyone,

I'm F, 35, 111lbs, 5'2. I have been on this journey of weight loss in the past about 4.5 years ago. I went from 130lbs (if I remember correctly) to 103 at my lowest. I feel my best at about 107-108. I maintained that for awhile, had a baby, dropped back down to about 110 which is where I've been for the past 3 years or so. I recently got up to 117lbs and that was enough to give me the kick I needed to really buckle down tracking calories again. It has been 4 weeks and although I am seeing progress, I am starting to really lose motivation. Also for the past couple of days, I have been SO hungry all the time. I just want to eat everything. I am wondering if it's because I've been more active (not running or exercising necessarily but just doing more). I don't know what to do to keep the motivation up. Any words of support?

Thanks!

Replies

• invisibleman53
    invisibleman53 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    One thing that will help curve hunger is, fiber. It makes you fill fuller for longer time. It's a balance cause if you eat too much fiber, the toilet will become your friend. Common sense. Also, don't forget hydration. If you eat more fiber and not enough water intake, uh, gas..and you don't want that either. I am very active, ultra runner. I eat through out the day, 4-5 times. OH, I have a goal of `160 pounds but have yet to meet it. I've gotten as low as 164, and I'm following the plan I chose, but it seems that my body isn't going to let me get too thin. So I try to stay around 165. Anyway about you, do you have meals already made ahead so you don't have to think about what you want to eat and maybe you're just grabbing something to eat. I have made some meals ahead so I just have to heat up. Does this help in anyway?
  • mrsmcmo
    mrsmcmo Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Calorie goal is 1200, and I think I just selected that I wanted to lose 1lb a week, knowing that I might not hit that. Fortunately I have been losing consistently, it's just mentally a struggle to keep on with these last few lbs even though I know I'll be happier if I do manage to get to that goal.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    mrsmcmo wrote: »
    Calorie goal is 1200, and I think I just selected that I wanted to lose 1lb a week, knowing that I might not hit that. Fortunately I have been losing consistently, it's just mentally a struggle to keep on with these last few lbs even though I know I'll be happier if I do manage to get to that goal.

1 pound a week is too aggressive for your current weight. That's probably why you're so hungry.

I personally find it much easier to stay motivated when I'm not very hungry.
  • mrsmcmo
    Options
    One thing that will help curve hunger is, fiber. It makes you fill fuller for longer time. It's a balance cause if you eat too much fiber, the toilet will become your friend. Common sense. Also, don't forget hydration. If you eat more fiber and not enough water intake, uh, gas..and you don't want that either. I am very active, ultra runner. I eat through out the day, 4-5 times. OH, I have a goal of `160 pounds but have yet to meet it. I've gotten as low as 164, and I'm following the plan I chose, but it seems that my body isn't going to let me get too thin. So I try to stay around 165. Anyway about you, do you have meals already made ahead so you don't have to think about what you want to eat and maybe you're just grabbing something to eat. I have made some meals ahead so I just have to heat up. Does this help in anyway?

This helps a lot! Thank you! The reminder to eat more fibre and drink more water is good.

I have 4 children (12, 10, 6 and 3) so meal planning is my life, lol. I've been having 2 coffee (with 2 tbsp of creamer - I can't give this up) per day lunch, and dinner, and that's basically it. I have had days where I go over 1200, but I've had a lot of days of eating 1000-1100 cals and maybe that's catching up with me and I'm starting to feel deprived.
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    1lb a week is not appropriate for only wanting to lose a few pounds. Bump it down to 0.5lbs and eat back a portion of your exercise calories. It's no wonder you're feeling hungry.
  • mrsmcmo
    Options
    Okay, when I change my goals to .5lb per week it gives me 1360. I feel like it is going to take forever to lose these last few lbs. I'm sure it will help me feel physically better though. Thanks so much everybody.
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    mrsmcmo wrote: »
    Okay, when I change my goals to .5lb per week it gives me 1360. I feel like it is going to take forever to lose these last few lbs. I'm sure it will help me feel physically better though. Thanks so much everybody.

It will take awhile, yeah. But that's common, everyone hits that point with those last 10lbs or less. Just be patient and more importantly be consistent. 0.5lbs a week is a 250cal daily deficit, it is VERY easy to wipe that out.
  • mryak750
    mryak750 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    you're older and your body has changed, it's going to take longer, be patient