I finally did the elliptical (for 7 mins) and 20 mins tae bo

adopt4
adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
This may not be a big deal to some, but for me, it was incredible! Yesterday I met with a trainer for a short time and he had me doing tae bo (this was AFTER my hour workout on the treadmill, and an hour of yoga) and I did it for 20 mins! I was panting and sweating, but I did it! Made me think, well, maybe I can try the elliptical again (have tried it twice, couldn't last 2 mins, thought I was going to die!) Well I've only been at this weight loss/MFP/gym thing for about 5 weeks now....

So today I tackled the elliptical (after my 52 min treadmill walk at 3.2 which for a shortie like me is a pretty dang fast walk) and did it for 7 mins! Whoo hoo! So tomorrow I"m going to try it for 10!

Replies

• adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    This may not be a big deal to some, but for me, it was incredible! Yesterday I met with a trainer for a short time and he had me doing tae bo (this was AFTER my hour workout on the treadmill, and an hour of yoga) and I did it for 20 mins! I was panting and sweating, but I did it! Made me think, well, maybe I can try the elliptical again (have tried it twice, couldn't last 2 mins, thought I was going to die!) Well I've only been at this weight loss/MFP/gym thing for about 5 weeks now....

So today I tackled the elliptical (after my 52 min treadmill walk at 3.2 which for a shortie like me is a pretty dang fast walk) and did it for 7 mins! Whoo hoo! So tomorrow I"m going to try it for 10!
  • MissNova
    MissNova Posts: 563 Member
    Trust me it is a lot at first on the elliptical it will seem forever but just get your music going and cover the time on it so you don't look and just go you will be tired at first but then your body will warm up...Keep up the good work!
  • That is awesome! I :heart: ellipticals, but I have friends who refer to them as The Death Machine. Congrats for tackling that beast, especially after all that other exercise!
  • astarte09
    astarte09 Posts: 531 Member
    Good Job!!...one thing I noticed that helps is looking straight ahead..I generally study while I do it, and I get tired easier... When I put music on and look straight ahead, it is much easier!
  • kaylou
    kaylou Posts: 375 Member
    Thats awsome! Great progress...it does feel great when you increase your time!!
  • clewliss
    clewliss Posts: 640 Member
    That IS a big step!! Congratulations for making the extra effort!!:flowerforyou:
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Awesome!

When my roommate and I started working out in November, 2008 we couldn't last on ANY of the equipment for 10 minutes. It was all SOOO hard but now my roommate is on the elliptical for an hour straight everyday with the resistance all the way up. And that's in just three months! So just stick with it and keep pushing a little bit harder every time you go.

:drinker:
  • thejarviclan
    thejarviclan Posts: 465 Member
    Oh good job! That's an awesome work-out you did! You can do 10 tomorrow, easily!

I just started the elliptical last week and my heart rate was in the highest category almost the entire time. But this morning I noticed it stayed in the "cardio" zone for the whole 30 minutes. It's worth the pain, girlfriend!
  • jeffwyeg
    jeffwyeg Posts: 105
    ...(have tried it twice, couldn't last 2 mins, thought I was going to die!)...

When I first got on the elliptical, I felt the same way...I almost felt like my feet were getting away from me. However, I upped the resistance on the machine and it actually made it easier for me to "control myself".

Now, I've got the resistance up to 8 and I'm loving it! And you will too!
  • ccano
    ccano Posts: 149 Member
    That's awesome!!! I remember my first time on the elliptical. It's no fun, but it gets easier. Keep up the awesome work and you'll be on that thing for 30 minutes, 40 minutes with ease. :)
  • MrsTomy
    MrsTomy Posts: 504 Member
    Great job!!!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    congrats girl that is awesome. Keep up the great work. You are doing such an amazing job.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!