Burn food calories - eat more?

Options
I am new to this program and reading the boards, I am a little confused.....my daily calorie intake is 1200.
If I work out and burn calories, say 200 calories in exercise, am I to really eat 1400 calories?

Replies

• gympamela
    gympamela Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    before you get attacked by everyone here, do a search on 'eating exercise calories' trust me, there is alot already here to read on the topic.
    Good luck, and welcome!!!!
  • netuk38
    netuk38 Posts: 16
    Options
    hi and welcome you can do, or you can leave them as long as you are eating 1200 a day and nothing less hun good luck on your journey!! :-)
  • Jennifernellwebb
    Jennifernellwebb Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Everyone has a personal opinion on that and I, personally, don't have a clue. What works for some, does not work for others. MFP underestimates your calorie intake and to my understanding, you NEED those calories, but I am one of the big rule breakers that 6 out of 7 days, do not eat my calories back and it is working..... for now..... for me. Others say that if they DON'T eat their calories back, they stop losing. So, to answer your question, you will probably have to see what works for you and try it both ways. Good luck to you and you really found a great place to get the support you need to succeed. I LIVE AND LOVE THIS PLACE!!!
  • netuk38
    netuk38 Posts: 16
    Options
    i am with you i dont eat mine back unless i need too :-)