Is this the answer?

Options
Think I can lose 40lbs in 2 months? Like if you agree! I believe in you as much as you believe in me! Let’s get to work!

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Think I can lose 40lbs in 2 months? Like if you agree! I believe in you as much as you believe in me! Let’s get to work!

No
  • NedlySunshine
    NedlySunshine Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I lost 40 pounds in a little under 4 months. It felt really fast. I can't imagine losing faster than that!!
  • HelenGerdes
    HelenGerdes Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    @TravistockToad thank you anyways. I figured I wouldn’t be able to. Wishful thinking I guess lol
  • MmeZeeZee
    MmeZeeZee Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I bet if you lost 1 lb per week, so 8 lbs, and started exercising during that time to move some fat into muscle, you'd look almost like you lost 40 lbs. That might be a better goal for you long term.
  • HelenGerdes
    Options
    @Jruzer I have to be at my idea weight right? So that’s about 115-120 for my 5’1 frame. I’ve always wanted to be that weight. I do exercise two hours a day of cardio and lifting. Along side, I am on a plant based diet, no dairy no meat. I think the problem is I eat too much of a healthy food item. Like I can’t just have a cup of blueberries, I manage to scarf down the whole tray in less than 10 minutes lol I think maybe it’s just proportion control dilemma
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    This is one of those cases where just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD. It may certainly be possible, but hey, there's no reason to make things that difficult. There's not expiration date on your goal weight.
  • budgetdieter
    budgetdieter Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I feel you on the blueberries. I could do them endlessly.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    @Jruzer I have to be at my idea weight right? So that’s about 115-120 for my 5’1 frame. I’ve always wanted to be that weight. I do exercise two hours a day of cardio and lifting. Along side, I am on a plant based diet, no dairy no meat. I think the problem is I eat too much of a healthy food item. Like I can’t just have a cup of blueberries, I manage to scarf down the whole tray in less than 10 minutes lol I think maybe it’s just proportion control dilemma

Do you mean to say you only have 40 pounds to lose? (I'm assuming that's the case if your goal is 120, and you want to lose 40. That would mean you're about 160-ish currently.) If that is correct, you are already WAY too close to goal to lose all 40 pounds in just two months without hurting your health and/or completely crashing and burning. Only morbidly obese people under doctor supervision should attempt super large deficits.

It's more realistic (and more sustainable) to set a goal to lose 1 - 1.5 pounds a week. And when you get really close to goal, it helps to transition if you slow it down to .5 pounds a week. I've known many people who have dropped lots of weight quickly, usually the same 20-50 pounds over and over again, but none of those "quick losers" were able to sustain it, because their methods were extreme and they always ended up either quitting and regaining (and adding more) or they couldn't figure out how to maintain for very long because they never learned the healthy, sustainable habits that they would have during a longer, slower process.

I lost about 28 pounds gradually over several months and have kept it off for over 8 years so far with no plans to fail. It sometimes seemed like it was taking forever, but considering how long I've maintained, that extra time was a tiny little investment with huge rewards. Totally worth it. And because it was so gradual (luckily I'm patient) it was easier to stay compliant over time. By the time I got to goal my new habits were pretty much set.

Be smart about it. You want lasting, healthy results? Shoot for 10-12 pounds in that time frame. If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right - even if it takes longer. Good luck! You can do this! <3
  • HelenGerdes
    Options
    jenilla1 wrote: »

Do you mean to say you only have 40 pounds to lose? (I'm assuming that's the case if your goal is 120, and you want to lose 40. That would mean you're about 160-ish currently.) If that is correct, you are already WAY too close to goal to lose all 40 pounds in just two months without hurting your health and/or completely crashing and burning. Only morbidly obese people under doctor supervision should attempt super large deficits.

It's more realistic (and more sustainable) to set a goal to lose 1 - 1.5 pounds a week. And when you get really close to goal, it helps to transition if you slow it down to .5 pounds a week. I've known many people who have dropped lots of weight quickly, usually the same 20-50 pounds over and over again, but none of those "quick losers" were able to sustain it, because their methods were extreme and they always ended up either quitting and regaining (and adding more) or they couldn't figure out how to maintain for very long because they never learned the healthy, sustainable habits that they would have during a longer, slower process.

I lost about 28 pounds gradually over several months and have kept it off for over 8 years so far with no plans to fail. It sometimes seemed like it was taking forever, but considering how long I've maintained, that extra time was a tiny little investment with huge rewards. Totally worth it. And because it was so gradual (luckily I'm patient) it was easier to stay compliant over time. By the time I got to goal my new habits were pretty much set.

Be smart about it. You want lasting, healthy results? Shoot for 10-12 pounds in that time frame. If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right - even if it takes longer. Good luck! You can do this! <3

Yes right about there, I think last time I went to the gym I was 157. But I meant that that’s how much I have to lose. My original question was kind of over dramatized lol
    I apologize for that. But I think at the end of the year realistically I should be where I’m at weight wise if I keep a calorie deficit and exercise like how I am. Thanks a lot hun!
  • HelenGerdes
    Options
    PLEASE be careful. I lost 60lbs in 2 months. But i was over double my goal weight and i still ended up in surgery. My gallbladder couldnt keep up and died...had to remove it. Had kidney,liver and heart damage. I was so big i thought losing a ton would help...doing it the right way would have been healthier. PLEASE don't put unrealistic expectations on yourself! It will hurt your health and prob mental well being. For example at my last checkup i gained 5 pounds in a month..but lost 5 inches around my stomach!!! Weight is a number..find otger ways to measure such as how clothes fit...how you feel..happiness...etc. Good luck!!!!

Asdfgjsk omg! Thank God you’re alive! That sounds scary, can’t imagine having to go through that. But you have a point on trying other methods to calculate weight loss. I’ll search out some options. Thanks my dear
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    one lb a week doesn't seem like much but after 8-12 weeks you will look and feel so much better. It is a safe, and healthy amount for most people and doesn't usually involve a huge change in lifestyle (food and exercise). The real thing is it must be something that you can sustain. What's the point of working and eating like a champion for a few months and then letting it all slip away afterwards? going overboard on the diet and exercise is almost always a recipe for long term failure