Newbie with a BIG goal. :)

Options
Hi everybody! I'm Dena....I'm 47 years old. I just signed up with MFP on Monday and so far, I love it!! I've done WW in the past and loved the online part of it, but can't afford that right now so this is perfect. :) So....my big goal. My (athletic) daughter has always wanted to do a triathalon and she's convinced me to get off the couch and train with her. We have seven months to get ready...we're on Day 3 and so far I'm feeling pretty good. :P This is a BIG deal for me as I'm about 85 pounds overweight. I could definately use encouragement along the way cuz I know there's going to be REALLY hard days.....and I would love to send encouragement your way as well....even if you're not training for a trithalon!! :):):)

Replies

• alienblonde1
    alienblonde1 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Wow going to try a tri! Good for you! You can add me if you like
  • emmabeckemeyer1
    emmabeckemeyer1 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I am training for a triathlon and so far I have lost 50lb (before MFP). My triathlon is September 18th! Good luck and if you want it bad enough you can do anything!
  • sherismb
    sherismb Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! You can add me if you like to.
  • mpcass
    mpcass Posts: 86
    Options
    Add me! Add me! Would love to follow your progress and encourage you along the way.
  • mrspenton2009
    mrspenton2009 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody! I'm Dena....I'm 47 years old. I just signed up with MFP on Monday and so far, I love it!! I've done WW in the past and loved the online part of it, but can't afford that right now so this is perfect. :) So....my big goal. My (athletic) daughter has always wanted to do a triathalon and she's convinced me to get off the couch and train with her. We have seven months to get ready...we're on Day 3 and so far I'm feeling pretty good. :P This is a BIG deal for me as I'm about 85 pounds overweight. I could definately use encouragement along the way cuz I know there's going to be REALLY hard days.....and I would love to send encouragement your way as well....even if you're not training for a trithalon!! :):):)

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!
  • subzerolv
    subzerolv Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!

I'm sure you can do it. Just keep going and keep reassuring yourself that you can do it!

We're all pulling for you!
  • javaruck
    javaruck Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    That is an awesome goal and it will be great motivation for you. I lost 65 pounds prior to 2007 and I celebrated by doing the Nautica Malibu Triathlon with my youngest son. We had a blast. Since then, I've been a regular participant in tri's, half marathons and marathons. Always having a race on the horizon is a great way to keep your motivation to watch your diet and workout (at least for me as I'm to cheap to waste my entry fees:smile: ) Good luck and feel free to add me if you want support or have any questions.
  • Emily4H
    Emily4H Posts: 170
    Options
    wow - good for you!!!! good luck with your journey - you can totally do this!!!
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Big goals are great! Might as well get it all done and be an overachiever. You can do it! Feel free to add me as well :)
  • ivallena
    Options
    What a wonderful goal. Its wonderful you have someone close to home to encourage you. Good luck on your journey and I hope you continue to enjoy this website. Add me if you would like :)
  • ITsTimeSang1010
    Options
    Good luck!! dont be too hard on your self at first. make sure you take it slow and dont stop training .....its hard to get back in the saddle :)
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Welcome Dena!!!
  • hannahcf
    hannahcf Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Wow - great goal. I've sent you a friend request - I could use the inspiration!!
  • caroltina
    caroltina Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Hey lovely good for u a big but achievable goal! You can do it! Gonna add u to see how u get on, I train hard so I'll feel it with ya!
  • kelly_milner
    Options
    Nice goal! At my work they were advertising a 3k and that made me want to do something as well. So hopefully I can whip into shape and do a 3k one day.
  • jab10679
    Options

How exciting for you! I have started my training for my first triathlon as well AND have a little over 7 months to do it. I have a great triathlon training book that I am following. Good luck and congratulations on setting such a fantastic goal!
  • purplekimby
    Options
    Congrats. I'm confident you can do it. Just remember 1/3 of the goal is just saying you will do it and getting started so your 1/3 the way there and I think its great your making this goal with your daughter that makes it a little more easy. Good luck and feel free to add me. I'm looking forward to hearing your time. :)
  • bjpetey0306
    Options
    Awesome goals! I also have about 80 lbs left to lose, so feel free to add me if you want. I'd love to hear about your journey!
  • bevskiwolf
    bevskiwolf Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and I'm just here to plug some numbers and show you it can be done! Hugs!! xoxoox