Abusive ex and weight loss

Options
Hey everyone! I'm so glad to be amongst you all! I've recently come out of a really abusive relationship, extremely traumatizing. Towards the end, he called me names and fat all the time. I tried to go running with him and to the gym and he made fun of how slow I was. I'm done feeling sorry for myself and ready to take my life back! It's going to be challenging.. my heart hurts but I want to be healthy again!

Replies

• tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,361 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome. Sorry that you went through that, sounds like you have already lost a good amount of dead weight. If you haven't already may be worthwhile considering some counselling for the abuse you went through.
  • Keep_on_cardio
    Keep_on_cardio Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    You’re a strong woman, cheers to the beginning of your journey to healing and re-finding yourself. 💜
  • kosseychick
    kosseychick Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    You can do it! My abusive husband and I just separated 2 months ago. I put on alot of weight while we were together. I'm hurting but taking care of myself mentally and physically will help me through. Sending you a friend request.
  • MarvinsFitLife
    MarvinsFitLife Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear this well MFP have a strong support community 🤗
  • BobbyEngineer333
    BobbyEngineer333 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Sister, please kick him to the curb forever.

• dauchsmom
    dauchsmom Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    ireazay wrote: »
    Hey everyone! I'm so glad to be amongst you all! I've recently come out of a really abusive relationship, extremely traumatizing. Towards the end, he called me names and fat all the time. I tried to go running with him and to the gym and he made fun of how slow I was. I'm done feeling sorry for myself and ready to take my life back! It's going to be challenging.. my heart hurts but I want to be healthy again!

I will keep you in prayer for healing of that broken heart! Keep strong and do not ever measure yourself based on others. Big healing hug! <3<3<3