I gained weight within my first two weeks-would like some encouragement if at all possible

Options
I've always had problems with weight loss and I gain weight at an extreme rate. Iv attempted to loose weight MANY times these past years. Many of these attempts usually fail due to sudden lifestyle changes, I don't stay on track, or I see no results therefore I give up. The problem is, Iv been actually working really hard these past 2 weeks. I decided i'm going to be perfect for a full consecutive month, no cheat days, no over proportioning, no exceptions and see where I go. Iv been so diligent and have been working out for about 45 minutes a day if I can (i work full time and go to school part time) I only eat about 900-1200 calories max. Iv been regulating my fiber intake and have been weighing myself in the morning.

Today I weighed myself and found out that I gained 4 pounds!! after 2 weeks of this...... I'm in my early 20s so i'm not at the point where I should be experiencing age related weight gain. I've been putting a lot of money and time into my weight loss. I dont have great health insurance and have already poured hundreds of dollars into getting my thyroid check only to find I might have to pay for a "full panel" thyroid test which I cant afford. Is something wrong with me? I'm at the point where I'm so frustrated and my biggest fear is that im going to keep pouring money time and dedication into my weight loss and im not going to get any where.

Replies

• MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing your food on a food scale? If not, you can't be sure you're eating 1200cal or less (not that you should be eating that little anyway, especially with such exercise - you're way underfueling yourself). Two weeks is also not enough time to determine if something is working or not. You need at least 4-6 weeks of consistent logging to do that. Also depending on how and how often you weigh yourself you could have caught yourself on a temporarily fluctuation. Best time is usually morning after you've gone to the bathroom wearing the same clothes (or nothing).
  • vvww88
    vvww88 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I was right there! I finally committed to better eating and gym 6x per week!!
    My first weekly weigh in.... no change
    My 2nd weigh in and I had gained 4 pounds as well. I was devastated.
    3rd week I was down 2 of the 4 pounds
    4th week I was two pounds lighter then when I had started- finally losing Weight!!

Stick with it- it’s most likely water weight right now and you will see the results

Also I was doing a 1200 caloric intake but 900 seems far too low to Survive off of
  • eacowan
    eacowan Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Awe, I’m sorry you aren’t seeing results! I actually came to this thread looking for motivation myself because I had a gain this week and I’ve been working so hard too. I am thinking about finding other ways to measure my success besides that stupid scale that I want to throw away🙄 We are worth the effort though! I hope you start to see some changes soon! Keep pushing for your goals 🔥❤️
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Options
    @BritWilliams1, we have something in common, I gained weight in the first two weeks too. I know how frustrating you feel. 225 days and 37 lbs. later, it’s a different feeling that you’ll one day know.

Double down your resolve and efforts and down your road we’ll still have something in common - our goal achieved and a tremendous sense of accomplishment and gratefulness.

Keep marching forward.