When you have alcohol, what do you chose?

2»

Replies

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    cider or gin/tonic
  • mryak750
    mryak750 Posts: 198 Member
    drink whatever you want, save some of your daily calories for happy hour, drink up
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    psychod787 wrote: »
    KD0BIK wrote: »
    A shot of Baileys with an ice cube.

I forgot about Bailey’s. I have an unopened bottle on my shelf, way at the back, I got as part of a retirement gift 12/29/17. Is there a shelf life for an unopened bottle of Baileys? I’ll have to give that a Google.

Have you ever drank bailey's from a shoe? Lol

Oh my God it's old Gregg 😂😂
  • IsETHome
    IsETHome Posts: 386 Member
    Actually a "good quality red wine" isn't bad. Typically it is more about the mixer - I love mojitos, but I don't want to use a sugar mix. I want the fresh lime - when you go to a bar the prep is more important. Are they using fresh ingredients as mixers or bottles. That's the key. Otherwise I get amaretto on the rocks, or a club soda with volka and muddled mint and lime if they have it.
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Rum and coke-about once a week.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    psychod787 wrote: »

I forgot about Bailey’s. I have an unopened bottle on my shelf, way at the back, I got as part of a retirement gift 12/29/17. Is there a shelf life for an unopened bottle of Baileys? I’ll have to give that a Google.

Have you ever drank bailey's from a shoe? Lol

Oh my God it's old Gregg 😂😂

I'm a bit of a scaly man-fish in real life! Lol
  • gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    I only drink if I save enough calories to get DRUUUUNK 😂 and my drink of choice is a vodka and seltzer.
  • Torxa
    Torxa Posts: 61 Member
    I have 3 drinks now.

1 oz vodka, 5 oz Strawberry Powerade Zero: 64 calories
    1 oz Kahlua, 5 oz diet root beer or cream soda: 53 calories
    1 oz Malibu Coconut Rum, 5 oz Mixed Berry Powerade Zero: 51 calories (tastes like Ocean Water)

Drink up, these are excellent and I've tried a few dozen mixes to get here.
  • Torxa
    Torxa Posts: 61 Member

You'll have to open it to find out, but I bet its fine. Also, keep in the fridge after you open it. I used to drink Baileys in coffee so I have a good amount of experience with Baileys. Maybe next winter I'll have another bottle of it.
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    I very rarely drink, am not a huge fan of strong alcoholic tastes, and never more than 1 or 2 total, so calorie heavy, super sweet, fruity drinks for me lol.
  • texasredreb
    texasredreb Posts: 541 Member
    I'm lucky in that where I live there are a couple of huge entertainment districts and several bars, clubs, restaurants, hell--even coffee shops that serve fresh, unique drinks--both alcoholic and not. I avoid the chain restaurants and go to the local joints where I can get real ingredients (no mixers!). The drinks taste better, are less cloyingly sweet, and probably healthier. Most of the smaller, "hipster" bars will make your drink in front of you so you can see them cut the lime and squeeze it into your drink or whatever.
  • Famof72015
    Famof72015 Posts: 393 Member
    I’m 4 blue moons in. Done tho. That’s what my calories alloted
  • mdreddie
    mdreddie Posts: 73 Member
    Jack Daniels. I have it once every couple of months.
  • JohnnytotheB
    JohnnytotheB Posts: 361 Member
    edited April 2019
    White Claw all the way! It's hard seltzer water. No sugar, 100 calories per 12 oz can, 5% alcohol by volume and several yummy flavors to choose from! I also like shots of tequila - around 100 calories per 1.5 ounce. Vodka with seltzer water and real limes or lemons muddled are very good as well - 1.5 ounce of vodka to about 10 ounces of seltzer water which is also around 100 calories.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Craft beer geek here. I make room for it every day. I've got a bottle of Okie imperial brown ale waiting for me in a few minutes.
  • Fflpnari
    Fflpnari Posts: 975 Member
    edited April 2019
    Last time I drank I ordered 1 margarita that was about 270 calories. I don't remember much of the night after that.

I drink once a year maybe and usually one shot or something. After losing almost 40 pounds I learned that night I can not handle my alcohol anymore.
  • missh1967
    missh1967 Posts: 661 Member
    Unfortunately, I love the calorific drinks. Disaronno amaretto, black russians, white russians, moscow mules, strawberry daiquiris, etc.