DINNER IDEAS?

baileybutton
baileybutton Posts: 45 Member
edited October 1 in Food and Nutrition
I am starving, and am only cooking for myself tonight. What can I eat that's nutritious AND delicious, that doesn't take hours to prepare?

Replies

• taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Fish, brown rice, and spinach
  • kaitimae
    kaitimae Posts: 727 Member
    My go to "easy, healthy, fast" dinner is an omelette full of random veggies, and a little cheese.

ETA: Sometimes I also add an english muffin with some fruit preserves, if I have the calories for it.
  • ACook42
    ACook42 Posts: 111 Member
    If you like tuna noodle casserole, this was a very simple version. No real cooking involved either.

Campbell's - Healthy Request Cream of Mushroom Soup 98% Fat Free 45% Less Sodium, 1/2 cup

70 cal, 2 fat, 10 carbs, 2 pro, 1 fiber

Ronzoni- Smart Taste - White Pasta, 2 oz. (56g, 1/ cup)

180 cal, 1 fat, 43 carbs, 6 pro, 7 fiber

Great Value - Tuna Fish In Water, 2 oz

50 cal, 1 fat, 0 carbs, 11 pro, 0 fiber

I enjoyed it and you can adjust the ingredients anyway you like to taste or need of calories. You can also add just about any veggie to it.
    Cook the pasta as directed, heat the tuna and soup together in a sep pan and then mix it all up when pasta is drained.
    Salt and pepper to taste but watch the sodium.
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    I am starving, and am only cooking for myself tonight. What can I eat that's nutritious AND delicious, that doesn't take hours to prepare?

Salad, roasted veggies and :

STEAK OF THE CAVEMAN
    Your favorite kind of beef steak (filet, ribeye, porterhouse, sirloin, etc)
    1 tsp dried oregano
    1 tsp black pepper
    1 tsp minced garlic
    1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil

Mix seasonings and oil and stir well (refrigerate overnight for stronger infusion). Place steaks on cutting board and drizzle or brush with oil mixture.

Bring oven up to 500 degrees.

Heat 1 Tbs of olive oil in cast iron pan (you must use cast iron or you'll ruin your pan) under medium heat. Sear steaks on both sides, browning until you red is gone.

Put cast iron pan in oven.

Cook for one or two minutes and then flip steaks and return to oven. Two minutes for each side will yield a medium rare steak.
  • That tuna casserole sounds good. I will try that one! thanks!
  • ACook42
    ACook42 Posts: 111 Member
    That tuna casserole sounds good. I will try that one! thanks!

Thanks, even my husband enjoyed it and that is sayin something. LOL
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    skinnytaste.com :)

i personally love the turkey chili, chicken/avocado/tomato sandwiches, and the baked chicken parm. :)
This discussion has been closed.