Branch Challenge!!! (Closed Group)

Options
124»

Replies

• olney75
    olney75 Posts: 36
    Options
    yeah i do High intensity interval training at least twice a week, it definitely shows results a lot faster then straight running!!! so i cant figure out how to see our team on the across America site?! can anyone else?......i am only 1.56 miles away from williamsburg VA....which is funny cuz you start out in norfolk va. and my husband and i got orders to move to langley/ norfolk area in oct. so i get to see the sites before i get there with this! lol where is everyone else at in the across America? i was hopeing to see everyones distances once we made the team cuz im a really competitive person so if i saw someone was beating me i would push myself!
  • SavannaN
    SavannaN Posts: 148
    Options
    Wow I really have missed alot!!! But my man is home and he leaves again in 2 days so I am enjoying my time with him. I will be back to do the challenges starting on monday. You gals are doing fantastic!!! Just checking in to let you know that I will be back, and I have not forgotten about you! But when you only get a week and a half with the hubby between training, you take it! lol
  • Habehandful
    Habehandful Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    yeah i do High intensity interval training at least twice a week, it definitely shows results a lot faster then straight running!!! so i cant figure out how to see our team on the across America site?! can anyone else?......i am only 1.56 miles away from williamsburg VA....which is funny cuz you start out in norfolk va. and my husband and i got orders to move to langley/ norfolk area in oct. so i get to see the sites before i get there with this! lol where is everyone else at in the across America? i was hopeing to see everyones distances once we made the team cuz im a really competitive person so if i saw someone was beating me i would push myself!

THe problem is you can only see the team progress. Whoever designed the website is not most technical computer savy. I dont know if any of you noticed but it takes a while for things to load.

So we will just have to post our mileage at the end of the week.
    Since it is Saturday we should post.

I know I just got it up this Thursday. But we should still post out mileage.
    You can break it down or add it all together.

So far we as a group have gone 8.4 Miles. HOoray!!!

I walked 2 miles this week.

I bought my son this really cool push bike. I think I enjoy it more than he does. We have walked all over the neighborhood. Well in two days. haha

Heather- I think thats really fun about seeing Norfork first.

Im competitive too. I know this site is not the most snazzy site but I hope it will give us that little boost.
  • Habehandful
    Options
    Wow I really have missed alot!!! But my man is home and he leaves again in 2 days so I am enjoying my time with him. I will be back to do the challenges starting on monday. You gals are doing fantastic!!! Just checking in to let you know that I will be back, and I have not forgotten about you! But when you only get a week and a half with the hubby between training, you take it! lol

Savanna welcome back! We missed you.
    We will get you up to speed whenever you are ready. I hope you are enjoying your time with your guy. Tell him hello, and enjoy the rest of your weekend.

-Renae
  • olney75
    Options
    running 6.5 and biking 5.0 totaling 11.5 mi!!.....so i dont know how our total is on 8.4? are you sure im part of the group because i havnt been able to find the group.....or maybe some of my miles were before the group got added?
  • Habehandful
    Options
    The group was started on 18 August.

Like I said, the website is kind of stupid. I cant figure out how to see everyone. I can see the group mileage but not individuals.

Thats why I think we should just post every weekend.

I still think we should still use the site to track our individual goals. Plus its a little silly way to walk America. haha.

Good job on your mileage.

I use to run everyday. But now that I have my son, I chase him more in the gym then I actually work out. LOL...

Anyone else get any mileage in this week?

Currently as a good we have 13.5 miles!

Sorry about the stupidness and confusion.

Im so proud of everyone. ANd so lucky to have you all. :)
    -Renae
  • texastae1010
    Options
    Hello to all .... I am back and in action .... I went to the doctor I had sprained my wrist and my other wrist was hurting because it is my weaker wrist and I was over using it (of course when hubby is not home at all lol) so it is feeling a lot better still tender but no where near the pain I had before and then on Thursday or Friday (yep its one of those weeks lol) I got this horrible stomach bug / flu type thing and again no one here to help me get to the store for soup or gatorade or anything lol....so I feel as if I have been out of commission for almost a week now I have nothing to log between pain killers and way to much bathroom time...but I am feeling a lot better today I am eating real food again :) and did a little workout this morning just to see how I felt I still have some pep in my life but you know how it is after being sick that you have energy and then you are drained so today I am trying to clean the sick out of my house....

How is everyone else?
  • ansley1
    ansley1 Posts: 23
    Options
    i'm an af wife. i know this group is closed but i wanted to say hi. i'm new to mfp :)

ansley
  • Habehandful
    Options
    i'm an af wife. i know this group is closed but i wanted to say hi. i'm new to mfp :)

ansley

Ansley,
    Hello,
    Welcome, you are more then welcome to join our group!
    How are you?

We are currently lacking on our challenge right now. I think we will just blame it on the summer and some of the women on here have their hubbys gone, so lots of couch sitting, well except for Heather- shes our running spirit. lol

Tell us a little about yourself, other then you being an airforce wife.

-Renae
  • Habehandful
    Options
    Hey all,

Tex glad you are back!

Um where is everyone?

Lindsey I know you were MIA for awhile too. :(

SO we need a challenge BAD, besides the Walk across America. Which I know, I know, its not the best website.
    I am going to search around for something new.

What does everyone think about the HCG diet? I was watching DR Oz...yea I think its a Military wive thing to watch him LOL and they were discussing this diet.
    Its a 500 cal diet and people take this shot and it helps curb their appeitie.
    http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/hcg-diet-fact-vs-fiction

Was anyone affected by the storms?

Okay well have to go do some more FRG stuff... does it ever end.. ahhh
    Every one have a great day!
    -Renae
  • texastae1010
    Options
    Did everyone run away?? No fun at all ladies come on lets get to it :)
  • olney75
    Options
    im still here.....i just dont have anything to say since we arnt having to check in or anything
  • lindsey_mickeyd
    lindsey_mickeyd Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    OMGosh I am SOOOOOO sorry you guys! It's been a crazy last couple of weeks for me, just busy busy busy!!! And unfortunately that means my exercising has kind of suffered. :/ I know Gessa's been the same way and well, she's the only USMC girl who's a part of this. So yeah lol...

But this monday school starts for me and that means my personal fitness class starts!! So I'm gonna start logging again once those classes start up! (Cuz we do workouts twice a week, but I'm still going to try my best to get in my own exercise every day if I can.) But anywho...yeah what's goin on ladies??
  • Habehandful
    Options
    Okay so my husband came up with this challenge since
    A. we are lacking on a challenge
    B. Walk across America SUCKS
    C. my creativity is on haywire since my mind is in 10 other places

So he thought that for 10 days we should challenge ourselves to do 10 different workout activites for 30-60 minutes a day.
    For 10 days you cannot do the same thing.

So if you run for one day you CANNOT run for the next 9 days. You have to find something else to do.
    This is a list of things I have thought of that you can do:

Run
    Walk
    Pilates
    Yoga
    ZUmba- for all your weirdos out there (just joking) Ive never done it
    Spinning
    Swimming
    Wii Fit (any kind of Wii)
    Elliptical
    Kickboxing
    Stairclimber
    Stationary bike

Can you think of any more?

So what does everyone think of this challenge?

I figured this group was a go-to group even if we don't have challenges. I hope everyone else feels that way. If not, I totally understand. We can just keep it a challenge group.

Anyway, glad everyone is still around.
    LEt me know your thoughts
    -Renae
  • lindsey_mickeyd
    Options
    Weightlifting?
    Insanity (if anyone other than me has it...)
    An exercise video
    Playing a sport (basketball, volleyball, tennis etc.)
    Bellydancing

How bout those?
  • Habehandful
    Options
    OO those are good too.
    So what does everyone think?

I think we should start tomorrow (Tuesday)

For 10 days we do this challenge.......

I was thinking we could check in everyday and let everyone know what activity we did. Cuz then maybe someone else might want to do that activity.

I hope everyone had a great weekend.
    -Renae
  • texastae1010
    Options
    I am down with that :) ...how is everyone doing? Seems to be that people just disappear

Had a iffy weekend I had that I am pitiful my husband is gone day yesterday and it all started with a tear jerker movie and spiraled from there with more tear jerkers lol oh well got my groove back today :)

Hope everyone is having a great week :)

Anyone doing anything for labor day?

Do yall feel that we need something to report about for people to be more active or are people just not feeling it ??

well hope to hear more from yall tomorrow

Tae
  • lindsey_mickeyd
    Options
    I'm not sure the different exercise every 10 days will work for me, I'm kind of limited as to what I can do each day. :/

But I am gonna try and get back on track with this now that school's started and I can exercise more frequently again! What happened was that we started getting busier at the hotel what with this being a university town and all the students moving in and what not, I just didn't have time at night to get my workouts in anymore! SO MUCH LAUNDRY!!! But things have slowed down now and I have 2 scheduled class workout times throughout the week that I'm going to take FULL advantage of! So yeah! ^_^

I really hope everyone's doing well!!
  • Habehandful
    Options
    I thought our little group was going down hill :(

Yes your totally right, I think now that school is starting, work is getting hectic again, FRGs are strarting up again, deployments, etc people are just uber busy.

I can understand the challenge is difficult.
    My son is so active, I have a hard time doing other things too.

Hopefully once everything settles down everyone can get back here. But its totally understandable. I usually write back only with my son is napping. LOL

Anway, whoever is still checking our group...have a good day. :)
  • olney75
    Options
    hey,

im still around! ive just been crazy busy and stressed!! my husband is coming home soon! so between cleaning, taking care of my daughter, trying to get our paperwork in for pcsing and training for a half marathon............im about to lose my mind!....BUT im still here!!